Adding Disclaimers in Exchange 2003

Post by Daniel Rei » Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:25:32

Is there any way I can get Exchange 2003 to automatically append all
outgoing email with a company-specific legal disclaimer?

If not, can you do it with Symantec Mail Security 4 (which we run on
Exchange)

If no to both, is there any good (and not too expensive!) 3rd party software
that can do this for me?

Thanks,

Daniel Reid

Post by Mark Arnold [MVP » Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:36:04

>Is there any way I can get Exchange 2003 to automatically append all
>outgoing email with a company-specific legal disclaimer?

>If not, can you do it with Symantec Mail Security 4 (which we run on
>Exchange)

>If no to both, is there any good (and not too expensive!) 3rd party software
>that can do this for me?

>Thanks,

>Daniel Reid

Not within E2K3.
Don't know about Mail Sec 4. Have a look at the manual and let us all
know.
If you can't then there are several products, www.exclaimer.co.uk is
just one.

Adding Disclaimers in Exchange 2003

Post by Ken » Sun, 19 Oct 2003 04:38:17

Look at GFI Mail Essentials for Exchange..........you can download a full
functional version, and in 60 days some of the features time out, but the
Disclaimer feature remains....by design

> >Is there any way I can get Exchange 2003 to automatically append all
> >outgoing email with a company-specific legal disclaimer?

> >If not, can you do it with Symantec Mail Security 4 (which we run on
> >Exchange)

> >If no to both, is there any good (and not too expensive!) 3rd party
software
> >that can do this for me?

> >Thanks,

> >Daniel Reid

> Not within E2K3.
> Don't know about Mail Sec 4. Have a look at the manual and let us all
> know.
> If you can't then there are several products, www.exclaimer.co.uk is
> just one.

> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm &
> http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm

Adding Disclaimers in Exchange 2003

Post by Daniel Rei » Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:20:56

Thanks for the suggestions. The GFI Mail Security looks like a very good
product all round.

Do you know if it will run happliy with Symantec Mail Security running on
the same system?

> Look at GFI Mail Essentials for Exchange..........you can download a full
> functional version, and in 60 days some of the features time out, but the
> Disclaimer feature remains....by design

> > >Is there any way I can get Exchange 2003 to automatically append all
> > >outgoing email with a company-specific legal disclaimer?

> > >If not, can you do it with Symantec Mail Security 4 (which we run on
> > >Exchange)

> > >If no to both, is there any good (and not too expensive!) 3rd party
> software
> > >that can do this for me?

> > >Thanks,

> > >Daniel Reid

> > Not within E2K3.
> > Don't know about Mail Sec 4. Have a look at the manual and let us all
> > know.
> > If you can't then there are several products, www.exclaimer.co.uk is
> > just one.

> > FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm &
> > http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm

1. Add Outbound disclaimer to e-mail Exchange 2003

Hopefully someone out there can help.

Used to be that you could a disclaimer in Exchange 5.5
using the following method.  Does anyone know if there is
a similiar method in Exchange 2003. I have tried the event
sink method but it gets conveluded when using a mapi
client, such as outlook?

Any help would be appreciated.

Legal Disclaimer on Internet Bound Email

In Exchange 5.5 there is a simple method for adding text
to all inbound or outbound Internet email.  This various
options can be found in Q262097 and Q258206.

This section is limited to appending text to Internet-
bound email using Exchange 5.5.  In effect, this can place
a 'legal disclaimer' on our outbound messages.

From the BackOffice 4.5 Resource Kit CD, locate the
imsext.dll.
Copy the imsext.dll to the Exchsrvr\Connect\Msexcimc\bin
folder on the server with the IMS
Register imsext.dll from the command prompt:

        Regsvr32 <path to>\imsext.dll

4.      Run regedt32
5.      Click on the registry key:

Hkey_local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExch
angeIMC\Parameters

6.      On the Edit menu, select Add Value, and enter the
following:

        Value Name: NonRoutingExtensionDll
        Data Type: REG_SZ
String Value: (enter the complete path to the imsext.dll)
OK.

7.      On the Edit menu, select Add Key, and type
Extension.  OK.

To append text to the body of Internet bound message

Open the Extension key you just created.
On the Edit menu, select Add Value, and enter the
following:

        Value Name: OutboundAppend
        Data Type: REG_SZ
String Value: (type the text to append to messages here)
OK & close Registry editor.

c.      Stop and restart the Internet Mail Service to
effect the changes (a reboot is not necessary).  If you
later edit the text to append to messages, the IMS must be
restarted as well.

Note that \par inserts a carriage return.  Subsequent
carriage returns w/ bold text: \par\b then \par\b0 etc.
\par This message may contain privileged and/or
confidential information.  If you have received this e-
mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may
not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open
any attachments, delete it immediately from your system
and notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have
done so.  Thank you.

2. Public Folder Calendar Access

3. Exchange 2003 Native Disclaimers

4. Exchange Recovery Problem

5. Global Disclaimer/Signature Exchange 2003

6. BADMail folder

7. Win 2003 Exchange 2003 RC1 with Office 2003 Beta 2

8. Adding email disclaimers on IE 5.0

9. Beta Exchange 2003 : Recovery Storage Group will not Add database

10. Add a server script to add disclaimer to all outgoing IMS message s through EXCHSVR 5.5

11. Migrating Exchange 5.5 on Win 2K to Exchange 2003 on a new Win 2003 server

12. Exchange 2003: Need to restore Exchange 2000 backup to 2003

13. EXCHANGE 2000 ON WIN2k to Exchange 2003 on Server 2003