Admin Exchange from NT Workstation install problem

Admin Exchange from NT Workstation install problem

Post by comptir » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00



I have a stupid question. I am running a Windows Nt 4.0 network with
Microsoft Exchange Server. I would like to run the Exchange Server setup
on my Windows NT workstation so I can administer my Exchange server
remotely.  How can I logon to my NT domain and be an administrator to my
NT workstation at the same time? When I boot the PC and get the box to
logon, in the domain field, if I put in PRS which is my NT domain name
and go to run setup I get, you must be a member of the Admin group. If
I reboot and put in Bobre in the domain field, Bobre is  the computer
name on the NT workstation., and run setup I get,  you must be logged
on to the nt domain to run setup.  I must be missing something simple.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Bob.
 
 
 

Admin Exchange from NT Workstation install problem

Post by Scott Gutaucki » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00


I too am having the same problem. Sure would appreciate an awser on this.

Scott

 
 
 

Admin Exchange from NT Workstation install problem

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00



>I have a stupid question. I am running a Windows Nt 4.0 network with
>Microsoft Exchange Server. I would like to run the Exchange Server setup
>on my Windows NT workstation so I can administer my Exchange server
>remotely.  How can I logon to my NT domain and be an administrator to my
>NT workstation at the same time? When I boot the PC and get the box to
>logon, in the domain field, if I put in PRS which is my NT domain name
>and go to run setup I get, you must be a member of the Admin group. If
>I reboot and put in Bobre in the domain field, Bobre is  the computer
>name on the NT workstation., and run setup I get,  you must be logged
>on to the nt domain to run setup.  I must be missing something simple.
>Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Bob.

How about putting the Domain\PRS account into the local Administrators
group?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Matheisen                           Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer         Tewksbury, MA USA

 
 
 

Admin Exchange from NT Workstation install problem

Post by Elton Tucke » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00


Add your domain account to the local administrators group.

Elton Tucker MCSE ASE


>I too am having the same problem. Sure would appreciate an awser on this.

>Scott

 
 
 

Admin Exchange from NT Workstation install problem

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:00:00



>How about putting the Domain\PRS account into the local Administrators
>group?

    Shouldn't this have happened automatically when the station was added to
the domain (assuming, of course, that the station is a domain member)?
 
 
 

Admin Exchange from NT Workstation install problem

Post by Elton Tucke » Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:00:00


The domain admins are added to the local admin, but no other accounts are
given explicit rights.
Also if you do things like have your workstations as part of a resource
domain, then the resource domain admins are given admin access not the
master domain admins.

Elton Tucker MCSE ASE



>>How about putting the Domain\PRS account into the local Administrators
>>group?

>    Shouldn't this have happened automatically when the station was added
to
>the domain (assuming, of course, that the station is a domain member)?

 
 
 

Admin Exchange from NT Workstation install problem

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:00:00




>>How about putting the Domain\PRS account into the local Administrators
>>group?

>    Shouldn't this have happened automatically when the station was added to
>the domain (assuming, of course, that the station is a domain member)?

Maybe I was assuming too much when he said his "domain name" was PRS.
I took that to mean it was his NT User Account within the domain. If I
was wrong then just ammend the advice to be "PRS\<NTUserAccount>".

----------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Matheisen                           Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer         Tewksbury, MA USA

 
 
 

1. Can't install admin utils on NT Workstation

I have BackOffice 4.5 -  I've read in the newsgroups that I should be able
to install the Exchange 5.5 admin utilities and books online onto my NT
workstation.  However, whenever I run BO setup, I'm informated that I have
to install NT Server first.

How do I get the Exchange admin utilities installed??

2. Accessing Global Address List with ASP/CDO

3. Admin Exchange from NT Workstation

4. Repeat sending the same mail over and over and over again

5. Exchange Remote admin on NT Workstation?

6. Microsoft Exchange server

7. Exchange Admin from SBS4.5 on NT Workstation

8. XXXXXXXXs in email

9. exchange admin program on NT workstation?

10. Exchange Server Admin from nt workstation?

11. Exchange Admin Program for NT Workstation

12. Making Changes on Permissions Tab from NT Workstation Running Exchange Admin

13. Exchange Admin Program for NT Workstation