Reducing EBD File Sizes

Post by Paul Temb » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a utility that can reduce the size of the priv & pub.ebd
files in exchange 5.0 without having to take the server offline ?

Reducing EBD File Sizes

Post by Scott Davi » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

The only way to compact the database is with an "Offline" defrag.
Having users "clean house" may help it from growing.

>Does anyone know of a utility that can reduce the size of the priv &
pub.ebd
>files in exchange 5.0 without having to take the server offline ?

1. Priv.ebd size V Size of all private mailboxs

I have Exchange 5.5 running on a NT 4.0 SP3. I have 80 users and the total
sum of private mailboxes is approx 120MB. However the Priv.edb is 502MB. I
run an offline defrag once a week.
My questions:
1. Is this normal or do I have a problem?
2. If normal, would latest service pack assist.?
3. Would a rebuild reduce the priv.edb.?

Thanks in advance!
Bevan Blakeney.

2. Exh 2000 "In maintenance mode"

3. Reduce the size of Priv.edb - File

4. Outlook Web Access Problem

5. reducing size of mailbox.pst file

6. messages stuck inoutbound queue

7. 16 Gb File Size Limit - How To Determine File Size

8. Disaster Recovery

9. How to extract E2K data from EBD files?

10. Want to kill pub & priv .ebd files

11. Extract mail from ebd file

12. priv.ebd file