How do I solve SMTP error 5.3.3 Unrecognize command

How do I solve SMTP error 5.3.3 Unrecognize command

Post by Montie » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:55:06

How do I solve error 5.3.3 Unrecognize command.

Someone(outside) send mail to me but I can not receive.
It return error message to sender.
   SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
   host hostname[ip address]: 500 5.3.3 Unreognized command
Please help me.

How do I solve SMTP error 5.3.3 Unrecognize command

Post by Andy David [MVP » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 20:57:26

What version and SP of Exchange are you running?

Quote:> How do I solve error 5.3.3 Unrecognize command.

> Someone(outside) send mail to me but I can not receive.
> It return error message to sender.
>    SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
>    host hostname[ip address]: 500 5.3.3 Unreognized command
> Please help me.

How do I solve SMTP error 5.3.3 Unrecognize command

Post by Montie » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:25:43

Exchange 2000 Version 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2

> [...]

Post by Andy David [MVP » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:31:55

Ok, I dont have a quick answer for you, but I suspect that the sender will
have to turn up logging on their end as well as manually telnet to you in
order to try to figure out exactly which command Exchange doesnt like.

> Exchange 2000 Version 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 18 Aug 2002 09:57:21

Quote:>Ok, I dont have a quick answer for you, but I suspect that the sender will
>have to turn up logging on their end as well as manually telnet to you in
>order to try to figure out exactly which command Exchange doesnt like.

Or he could enable the logging on his SMTP Virtual Server. If his
server is sending the 5.5.3 then the conversation will be in the log
file.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. unrecognized items in Default SMTP server queues

Hello,

In Exchange System Manager under the Queues section of
the Default SMTP Virtual Server I have about 30
subfolders that I do not recognize.

The folder icons have little blue arrows over them, they
are all names like realdeals35.com, and ideals.com.  Next
to each folder name it says (Remote Delivery).  If you
click on any of the folders in the tree, on the details
pane it shows a folder with a red exclamation point that
says "enumerate messages from the queue node".  When I
enumerate the first 100 messages, it shows only 1-2
messages per folder, with the message ID, and shows that

hidden, and the reciepients being someone at the same
domain name as the folder.

I have no idea what these messages are.  Can anyone
please explain these to me.

Thanks,
Masri

2. Any of them face below error when using Arc server 2000 for backup & device = HP DLT tape drive .

3. SMTP Queue- Unrecognized Items

4. Hosting Different Organizations on One Exchange Server

5. Unrecognized Recipient Error Message

6. URGENT!!!! TROUBLE!

7. The SMTP command has exceeded its allowed length error

8. Filtering Attachments?

9. The SMTP command has exceeded its allowed length Error

10. IMAP: 'Unrecognized internal error: 0x800cce09'

11. Need Help solving SMTP Problem sending out mail

12. SOLVED: Messages get stuck in Queue folder with smtp service

13. SMTP Deliver Delay solved...