Explain what I am seeing please ..

Post by Paul » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:13:00

It looks like some of you queues are in a retry state. If you have time, you
can verify the domains with nslookup. Look for valid mx records. If it turns
out to be *spam with invalid addresses, delete the mail.

Quote:> Hi there... I am attaching a snap shot from my exchange snap in. Can
someone
> explain to me what it is I am looking at here...
> I am running Exch 2000 on a SBS 2000 server. All approp. patches and
service
> packs are installed.

> What do the icons mean?
> Are these peope tryin to relay thru my server ??

> thanks alot.

> SP2S16

Explain what I am seeing please ..

Post by Ed Woodric » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:51:01

Probably just SPAM NDRs

Quote:> Hi there... I am attaching a snap shot from my exchange snap in. Can
someone
> explain to me what it is I am looking at here...
> I am running Exch 2000 on a SBS 2000 server. All approp. patches and
service
> packs are installed.

> What do the icons mean?
> Are these peope tryin to relay thru my server ??

> thanks alot.

> SP2S16

Explain what I am seeing please ..

Post by Admi » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 01:23:34

So are they maybe what is causing my server to become bogged down from time
to time ...
I have gone thru readings about relaying and spam and accordingly my server
should not allow any of this to hapen. Does this mean they are simply tryin
to get thru and can not or have I got the configuration screwy.
Can someone tell me the diff in the icons ??

> Probably just SPAM NDRs

> > Hi there... I am attaching a snap shot from my exchange snap in. Can
> someone
> > explain to me what it is I am looking at here...
> > I am running Exch 2000 on a SBS 2000 server. All approp. patches and
> service
> > packs are installed.

> > What do the icons mean?
> > Are these peope tryin to relay thru my server ??

> > thanks alot.

> > SP2S16

1. Please explain this code

The following code is not working on 2 out of 2 NT systems.  It did
work when Outlook (from the Office CD) was first installed.  Since
then these systems have been upgraded to 8.01 from Exchange and the
8.02 update patch.  This code still works on a Win 95 system that has
been through the same upgrade path.

In particular I am interested in what the Set Action = Actions(5)
does.  I can not find documentation on calling Action with a number,
and Actions is not a DIM'd array.

Sub Send_Mail()

  On Error Resume Next

  Item.Save
  Set Action = Actions(5)
  Set ForwardItem = Action.Execute
  Set ForwardItem.To = Item.Userproperties.Find("Assign To").Value
  Set ForwardItem.Subject = "You have been assigned to fix a bug"
  ForwardItem.Send
End Sub
Roy Chastain
KMSystems, Inc.
200 Galleria Parkway
Suite 1750
Atlanta, GA 30339
(770) 857-8732 Voice
(770) 857-8731 Fax

2. 1 * lCbLgfnOK-Is there anything besides mailbox resources that co uld enlarge database

3. Please explain Exchange 2000 recovery error message

4. how to create custom password filter

5. Please explain roaming profiles and Exchange Mailbox

6. Problem with AD & installation order

7. Please explain MX record compared to DNS

8. Logging Outgoing Email ?

9. Help - Please could somebody explain how to configure IMS for Exchange 5.5

10. Help - Could somebody please explain how to configure IMS in Exchange 5.5 on NT4

11. Please explain NDR code

12. Please Explain this ...

13. Anonymous Account Permissios...****Please EXPLAIN!!!****