Need OWA Exchange using Pocket PC 2002 Help...

Need OWA Exchange using Pocket PC 2002 Help...

Post by Zap » Sat, 03 May 2003 01:26:25

Hello All,
Need help.  Using Pocket PC 2002 (Pocket PC Phone on T-Mobile) and trying to access our Exchange 5.5 server Outlook Web Access (OWA).  We can get to the OWA but can not open and of the messages.  Also other button do not work.  Any ideas of fixes out there?
Thanks
Ron

Need OWA Exchange using Pocket PC 2002 Help...

Post by Gary McDonnel » Sat, 03 May 2003 01:32:14

Take a look at Lee Derbyshire's excellent product at www.leederbyshire.com.

Gary McDonnell
http://turbogeeks.com

Hello All,
Need help.  Using Pocket PC 2002 (Pocket PC Phone on T-Mobile) and trying to access our Exchange 5.5 server Outlook Web Access (OWA).  We can get to the OWA but can not open and of the messages.  Also other button do not work.  Any ideas of fixes out there?
Thanks
Ron

1. Exchange 5.5 Email retrieval using Pocket PC 2002 Outlook

I have just put my IPAQ on the network via a 3Com CF1
network card and network connectivity works ie connect to
network shares, IE etc etc. I need to access my email
which is stored on the Exchange 5.5 Server. Does anyone
know how to do this.
There are 4 configuration windows in the inbox settings

Window 1
EMAIL ADDRESS - self explanatory

Window 2
NAME - self explanatory
USERNAME - I have typed in the format
domain/username/alias. Im sure this is correct
PASSWORD - self explanatory

Window 3
SERVICE TYPE - IMAP 4 (I have Exchange 5.5 Servers which
support IMAP4)
NAME - Just typed in Corporate Email - this is just a
description

Window 4
INCOMING MAIL - Now here I think is the problem. I can
ping the email server my mailbox is on. I have typed the
servername, IP address, and full name ie
servername.domain.com and none of these options work
OUTGOING MAIL - same as above
DOMAIN - left blank because Microsoft Q220905 said to.

When I try and connect to the inbox - options, connect it
gives an error message saying the incoming mail server
cannot send or receive messages at this time.

I don't know what I am doing wrong but its starting to
annoy me. I have looked on the net and haven't found any
step-by-step instructions or much documentation about the
configuration for Pocket PC 2002 on IPAQ's. Anyway help
would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. Dispatch Services for NT 4.0

3. Email retrieval using IPAQ Pocket PC 2002 Outlook

4. outgoing smtp not working.

5. Need help with OWA and Pocket PC

6. Question mark?

7. Need OWA Exchange 5.5 using Pocket PC 2002 help...

8. Port filters between two Exchange Servers over the Internet

9. SSL on Pocket PC 2002

10. Pocket pc 2002 pop3 client

11. Client for Pocket PC 2002?

12. Need Help syncronizing exchange server w pocket pc's

13. OWA users fail to get inbox, Pocket PC cannot read OWA email