Migrating clients from Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook 2000

Migrating clients from Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook 2000

Post by Jan Furulun » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:05:28

Hi.. Have 600 users running the old fashioned Exchange Client 5.0 and
Schedule+ 7.5, now at last migrating to Outlook 2000.  All users will change
client during one weekend - old client Friday afternoon, new client Monday
morning.
Problem:  Schedule+ Clients are configured to NOT use local calendar file.

Q: How can the calendar data be imported into Outlook calendar.  The only
way is by importing .SCD-file?
The calendar data already is on the same Exchange Server (5.5) !?

Thanks.
Regards,
Jan

Migrating clients from Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook 2000

Post by Joel Salmine » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 04:02:27

The schedule+ data is received through the free/busy connector in exchange.
When you use outlook you will not need that connector any longer. Those
existing appointments will be available to outlook without any special
configuration.

Quote:> Hi.. Have 600 users running the old fashioned Exchange Client 5.0 and
> Schedule+ 7.5, now at last migrating to Outlook 2000.  All users will
change
> client during one weekend - old client Friday afternoon, new client Monday
> morning.
> Problem:  Schedule+ Clients are configured to NOT use local calendar file.

> Q: How can the calendar data be imported into Outlook calendar.  The only
> way is by importing .SCD-file?
> The calendar data already is on the same Exchange Server (5.5) !?

> Thanks.
> Regards,
> Jan

Migrating clients from Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook 2000

Post by Amiri Jones [MVP » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 23:48:44

    Actually, the Free/Busy Connector is needed only to synchronize
free/busy data with MS Mail servers.  If all of your users are using
Exchange, then the Free/Busy Connector is not necessary, regardless of
whether they are using Schedule+ or Outlook as their client.

> The schedule+ data is received through the free/busy connector in
exchange.
> When you use outlook you will not need that connector any longer. Those
> existing appointments will be available to outlook without any special
> configuration.

> > Hi.. Have 600 users running the old fashioned Exchange Client 5.0 and
> > Schedule+ 7.5, now at last migrating to Outlook 2000.  All users will
> change
> > client during one weekend - old client Friday afternoon, new client
Monday
> > morning.
> > Problem:  Schedule+ Clients are configured to NOT use local calendar
file.

> > Q: How can the calendar data be imported into Outlook calendar.  The
only
> > way is by importing .SCD-file?
> > The calendar data already is on the same Exchange Server (5.5) !?

> > Thanks.
> > Regards,
> > Jan

1. Schedule+ 7.0/7.5 / MS-MAIL Migration to Exchange / Schedule+7.0/7.5

Help,

Does anyone know if the Exchange Migration tool will preserve users
Schedule+ Calendar Permissions after migrated to Exchange. I am sure I have
read some where that it is but I am having problems as when the user is
migrated and checks the calender permission it looks like all the
permissions are preserved but than schedule+ complains and all the users
permissions list is gone !!!

Help

William Chow

2. Has anyone seen this problem in Exchange 2000

3. Fw: Schedule+ 7.0/7.5 / MS-MAIL Migration to Exchange / Schedule+7.0/7.5

4. (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient from Spammers/Hackers

5. Converting Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook-Format in a bulk

6. Outlook 2000 logging into Exchange 2k Server problem

7. Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook Calendar Migration

8. owa slow connection through firewall

9. Converting Schedule+ 7.5 to Outlook-Format in a bulk

10. Opening another person's schedule in Schedule+ 7.5