exchange database corruption

Post by Danie » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 07:52:31

Hi,

I am having some problems with exchange database, I
think.  First, I have lost some items in Caledar randomly
such as appointments.  Then, Exchange transaction log
files weren't being flushed after backup job.  Is this
sign of database corruption?  How can I fix this?  Is
there way I can prevent this?
Thanks in advance.

exchange database corruption

Post by Ronen Gabba » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 17:18:08

Don't run any Anti Virus software on the M: drive nor on the
exchsrvr folders .
And do not run backups on the M: drive nor on the
exchsrvr folders .
This consistency problems can accrue from those things.
You can try to use ISINTEG in order to fix your database.

For the truncate log files , does your backup end successfully ?

--
Please do not send email directly to this alias.

Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
Hi-Tech College
ISRAEL

Quote:> Hi,

> I am having some problems with exchange database, I
> think.  First, I have lost some items in Caledar randomly
> such as appointments.  Then, Exchange transaction log
> files weren't being flushed after backup job.  Is this
> sign of database corruption?  How can I fix this?  Is
> there way I can prevent this?
> Thanks in advance.

1. Exchange database corruption from crash

Hello:

Our Exchange 5.5 server crashed from a bad Hard drive and the priv.edb
database was corrupted.  I used the eseutil to repair it and most of the
e-mail is intact.  However, some of the messages are corrupt where the
header exists, but if you try to delete, move, or open the header, an
"unable to open" or some other error box occurs.  Is there a way to clean up
these headers?

Thanks,
Andrew

2. My PDC is my Exchange Server

3. Exchange Database Corruption/Recovery Tools

4. Help with Exchange permissions

5. Recovering from Exchange Database Corruption

6. Limiting the messagesize in MS Exchange 5.5

7. Exchange database corruption/integrity

8. Can I use a signature with Exchange/Windows Messaging

9. Exchange database corruption/Integrity

10. Exchange 5.5/Jet Database index corruption?

11. Exchange 2000 Database Corruption

12. Corruption of Exchange Databases

13. Database Corruption