Distribution list with Mailbox and Custom Recipient won't work

Distribution list with Mailbox and Custom Recipient won't work

Post by Bj?rn Ingvar Kydlan » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 17:30:28

On our Exchange Server 5.5 we have a distribution list with both Mailbox'es
and Custom Recipient.

The problem is that the message just reach the Custom Recipient and not the
Mailbox Users.

Anyone know fix this problem?

Thanks,
Bik

Distribution list with Mailbox and Custom Recipient won't work

Any error messages?

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

Distribution list with Mailbox and Custom Recipient won't work

Post by Bjorn Ingvar Kydlan » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 18:04:13

no error message

> Any error messages?

> > On our Exchange Server 5.5 we have a distribution list with both
Mailbox'es
> > and Custom Recipient.

> > The problem is that the message just reach the Custom Recipient and not
the
> > Mailbox Users.

> > Anyone know fix this problem?

> > Thanks,
> > Bik

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do
so.
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

Distribution list with Mailbox and Custom Recipient won't work

Can you successfully send message to mailboxes?

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

Distribution list with Mailbox and Custom Recipient won't work

Post by Bjorn Ingvar Kydlan » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 21:24:09

yes

it just happens when i try to send to mailboxes and custom recipient at the
same time

> Can you successfully send message to mailboxes?

> > no error message

> > > Any error messages?

> > Mailbox'es

> > the

> > > --
> > > If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to
do
> > so.
> > > And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can
participate.

> > > Kirill

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do
so.
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

Distribution list with Mailbox and Custom Recipient won't work

Post by Bjorn Ingvar Kydlan » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 22:39:15

If I send to a single mailbox or add more useres maual it's OK. But if I try
to send to a Distribution list with mailboxes the mail won't reach the

> Can you successfully send message to mailboxes?

> > no error message

> > > Any error messages?

> > Mailbox'es

> > the

> > > --
> > > If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to
do
> > so.
> > > And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can
participate.

> > > Kirill

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do
so.
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

Distribution list with Mailbox and Custom Recipient won't work

Post by Chris Scharf » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 22:48:24

On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 13:39:15 GMT, "Bjorn Ingvar Kydland"

>If I send to a single mailbox or add more useres maual it's OK. But if I try
>to send to a Distribution list with mailboxes the mail won't reach the

Did you remove the X400 addresses from the mailboxes by chance? if so,
put them back.

--
Chris Scharff
Senior Systems Consultant

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
E-Mail Resource Guide:
http://www.mail-resources.com/resources/search.cgi

1. DISTRIBUTION LIST won't work for Exchange 5.0 clients

Hi there everyone

This should be a simple solution but I have exhausted my time and
patience, perhaps someone out there can help me?
My network:
One Server, NT 4.0 w/Exchange 5.0 Server, 100Mbs 3com peripherals,
Intel print servers, NetBEUI etc.

32  Win95 clients w/Exchange 5.0 and Office 97 Pro.
There is no Internet access or external email set up yet (will be
soon), Exchange has been configured to work internally only.

The network works fine, print services are fine,

As far as I can tell everything has been set up and installed
correctly on the server and the clients (including Exchange 5.0).
MY PROBLEM IS THIS:

Distribution Lists have been created and recipients have been added to
them  from the available address list of users.  When the Distribution
list is selected as the recipient of a new message, the message stays
resident in the outbox of the sender and is never delivered.  I have
toyed around with the properties for each Distribution List but
nothing jumps out at me.  Even the "Deliver Now" command has no
effect.  No error messages come up.  I am at a loss.

An interesting side note:  When the individual users are selected as
recipients (as opposed to an entire Distribution List) the messages
are delivered immediatley.  If the distribution list is selected, in
which this user is a member, the message is undelivered and just sits
in the outbox of the sender.

Any ideas?  Your help will be appreciated to no end!

Regards,
Chris Ramsey
Sheffield's Young Children's Service
Tel: 44-114-281-3794
Fax: 44-114-273-8569

2. forwarding e-mail

3. Creating a distribution list with Custom Recipients that does not expand the recipients

4. URGENT PROBLEM PRINTING WITH OUTLOOK 98 WON'T WORK!!!!

5. Custom Recipient won't forward

6. Could not access the exchange 2000 from any client having Win98

7. distribution lists & custom recipients

8. owa redirect

9. nested distribution lists with custom recipients

10. Inactive Public Folders, Distribution Lists, and Custom Recipients...

11. Unused Distribution Lists and Custom Recipients...

12. distribution list does not send to custom recipients

13. server based distribution list and custom recipients