Admin's Mailbox Full

Post by Rick Collin » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

  We are getting a bunch of Event ID 2018's in the Exchange Server Event Viewer App Log that a generation of a Delivery Report  or NDR for Gateway/o=ORG
System/ou=SITE name/cn=Configuration/cn/Connections/cn=Internet Mail Connector {Servername} has failed due to error 0x4dd.
I can't find this error anywhere. It seems to have started when the Exchange Admin's mailbox hit the default limits.
  We opened the Admin mailbox which Exchange reports to have >25 Mb and >1100 items, only to find it had 2 messages in the Inbox and 1 in Deleted Items. We removed the default limits on the Admin mailbox. Any ideas where the 25 Mb is and what to do to stop the perceived growth of the Admin mailbox, if that is, indeed the cause of the error?

Admin's Mailbox Full

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

There is an KB article on just this:
Mailbox usage reported not seen by client
or something like that.
I do not remember qnumber.

>    We are getting a bunch of Event ID 2018's in the Exchange Server
> Event Viewer App Log that a generation of a Delivery Report  or NDR
> for Gateway/o=ORGSystem/ou=SITE
> name/cn=Configuration/cn/Connections/cn=Internet Mail Connector
> {Servername} has failed due to error 0x4dd.I can't find this error
> anywhere. It seems to have started when the Exchange Admin's mailbox
> hit the default limits.  We opened the Admin mailbox which Exchange
> reports to have >25 Mb and >1100 items, only to find it had 2 messages
> in the Inbox and 1 in Deleted Items. We removed the default limits on
> the Admin mailbox. Any ideas where the 25 Mb is and what to do to stop
> the perceived growth of the Admin mailbox, if that is, indeed the
> cause of the error?

1. admin account shows full rights but still can't access mailboxes

I've been trying to assign myself full rights to each mailbox on our
exchange 2000 server.  We have to many accounts to go one by one and assign
myself full rights so I decided to use the Delegaton Wizard and delegate at
the organization level.  After the delegation completes and AD catches up
under the Exchange Advanced tab in ADUC it shows that my account now has
full rights to all mailboxes.  Great...only it doesn't work.  Through
outlook I cannot open any mailboxes but my own.  If I go to each mailbox and
assign myself full rights then I can get in the mailbox.  I've checked
security everywhere I can possibly think of...I've tried only assigning
permissions at the exchange store, I've added myself into the Exchange
Domain Servers and that doesn't work.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Mike

2. Internet Mail Recipients

3. Full Mailbox but it's not showing full

4. 4.0 SERVER BUG - Has it been fixed in 5.0 ??????????

5. MTA won't start reports disk full but disk is not full

6. Automatic forwarding

7. service account can't make mailbox - deleted admin mailbox

8. Windows 95 clients won't connect to Exchange

9. Can't open user's mailboxes even tho I have inherited admin access

10. Assign Full Access to Other User's Mailbox - Exchange 5.5

11. Full Access to other person's mailbox

12. Logged in as Admin can't open mailboxes

13. NDR's filling Admin mailbox