New SSL certificate installed now OWA Password change does not work

New SSL certificate installed now OWA Password change does not work

Post by mdann » Sat, 06 Sep 2003 04:59:00

I installed a new Verisign SSL certificate on my Exchange
5.5 SP4 server and now I can't change passwords on my
accounts via OWA. I get a HTTP Error "403.5 forbidden"
Has anyone seen this problem before?

1. OWA and SSL certificate does not install on Client

I have set up OWA and SSL and it is working fine, inside my private network.
It actually even works from the Internet, but with one really annoying
problem.  The certificate does not seem to install correctly on the client
PC.  Each time I access the secure OWA site I am challenged with a dialog
that says the certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to
trust.  I have tried multiple times and in multiple ways to install the
certificate in a trusted zone, and each time I get the response that the
installation was successful.  But each time I access the site I am
challenged to install the certificate.  Note I am using a Win2K enterprise
CA server on my internal network to generate the certificate for my OWA
server.  On the "General" tab of the certificate there is a message  "This
certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification authority."  Is
this error because the client cannot contact the issuing server?  If so, is
there any way to get around this without exposing my certificate server to
the Internet?  Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

2. Q310797 fix

3. Installing SSL Certificate for OWA

4. Clustering of Exchange server

5. OWA secure cert for password change not working

6. Outlook could not track the program used to open this document.

7. OWA Password Change Does Not Work

8. Help needed: Directed restore of Exch. with NetBackup

9. Changing passwords in OWA not working

10. Change Password Option in OWA not working

11. OWA Password Change does not work????

12. OWA Password Change Does Not Work

13. OWA password changing not working