Mailbox Creation w/ NT Accounts

Post by fead.. » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

I currently have exchange server 5.5 installed on a windows 2000
server.  I'm not sure if you need to know this, but we are not
implementing active directory.  Our PDC (primary domain controller) is
an nt 4.0 server.  When I configure an nt account I am not getting
prompted to configure an exchange mailbox.  All of the documentation I
have read states that by default this is on and works automatically
without any additional configuration between nt server 4.0 and exchange
5.5  However, since I have 2000 in the mix. . is this the issue?? Or is
their a security issue?? Is there any fixes or documentation about this?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by fead.. » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

> I currently have exchange server 5.5 installed on a windows 2000
> server.  I'm not sure if you need to know this, but we are not
> implementing active directory.  Our PDC (primary domain controller) is
> an nt 4.0 server.  When I configure an nt account I am not getting
> prompted to configure an exchange mailbox.  All of the documentation I
> have read states that by default this is on and works automatically
> without any additional configuration between nt server 4.0 and
exchange
> 5.5  However, since I have 2000 in the mix. . is this the issue?? Or
is
> their a security issue?? Is there any fixes or documentation about
this?

> Thanks

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Exchange Mailbox Creation - Assigning permissions for Windows NT Accounts

Hi,
i am trying to automate mailbox creation process in Exchange using
VB/ADSI/LDAP, etc. and i hv succesfully created NT account & Exchange
MailBox.
But i just noted that u cannot access these mailbox if the necessary
permissions are not given for the NT Account, apart from setting the Primary
Windows NT account.
But i don't know how to do it thru' VB. I know u hv to use PutEx, but i am
not sure of the field name. Can somebody help.

Thanx in advance,

Kannan

2. remove some autocomplete in OutlookXP

3. Creation of NT User Account & Exchange Mailbox

4. Event ID 9188 Source MSExchangeSA

5. Bulk mailbox & NT account creation

6. Mail box sizes!

7. Creation of NT User Account & Exchange Mailbox

8. Indexing public exchange folders with Index Server

9. Exchange/NT account creation from the COMMAND LINE ?

10. Auto NT/Exchange Account Creation

11. Exchange/NT account creation from the COMMAND LINE ?

12. scheduling for nt account creation problem