Smtp mail delivery problem

Post by Richard van VLie » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I resently installed a new exchange server 5.5 Sp3 running on sbs 4.5 sp6a
but got one very anoing problem.

Receiving of mail from outside works great.. sending mail internally also no
problems.
but when sending an message to the outside world things go wrong....

   the message adres gets send encapsulated in an exchange SMTP adres so

        get's rewritten as :

So it gets delivered to the local domain and also get's send back after max
hop could (Possible mail loop) I checked every settings that i could think
off but found out that the message is also deliverd to my ISP with this
message adres.

I'am using a dail-up account to deliver mail, and configured exchange to
deliver all mail to
the ISP SMTP-server.

Can anyone tell me witch setting's could be responsible for this.

(one thing though, Because of an the registry of another domain-name i had
to change all SMTP adresspace settings to the new domain. including the
dns-setup and FQDN-Hostname)

Hope somebody can help me with this,.......

Thanks,

Richard van Vliet

Smtp mail delivery problem

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Go to
www.microsoft.com/usenet
and use their Power Search to search for
IMCEASMTP

--
Got questions? Tell this Keen thing "Go to hell" and visit
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SA=GN&LNG=ENG

Smtp mail delivery problem

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I am sorry
That should be
www.deja.com/usenet

--
Got questions? Tell this Keen thing "Go to hell" and visit
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SA=GN&LNG=ENG
If no lack there - get real newsreader software, point it to
msnews.microsoft.com to read and post your questions.

Smtp mail delivery problem

Post by Richard van VLie » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:16:52

Sorry Kirrill,

Could not Find :
www.microsoft.com/usenet

Tryed ;
www.microsoft.com/technet

Instead and could find only one article (Q237927) witch told me i needed Sp3
but Sp3 is already installed. (I will check the file version though)

Got any other idee,

Thanks

schreef in bericht

> Go to
> www.microsoft.com/usenet
> and use their Power Search to search for
> IMCEASMTP

> > I resently installed a new exchange server 5.5 Sp3 running on sbs 4.5
sp6a
> > but got one very anoing problem.

> > Receiving of mail from outside works great.. sending mail internally
also no
> > problems.
> > but when sending an message to the outside world things go wrong....

> >    the message adres gets send encapsulated in an exchange SMTP adres so

> >         get's rewritten as :

> > So it gets delivered to the local domain and also get's send back after
max
> > hop could (Possible mail loop) I checked every settings that i could
think
> > off but found out that the message is also deliverd to my ISP with this
> > message adres.

> > I'am using a dail-up account to deliver mail, and configured exchange to
> > deliver all mail to
> > the ISP SMTP-server.

> > Can anyone tell me witch setting's could be responsible for this.

> > (one thing though, Because of an the registry of another domain-name i
had
> > to change all SMTP adresspace settings to the new domain. including the
> > dns-setup and FQDN-Hostname)

> > Hope somebody can help me with this,.......

> > Thanks,

> > Richard van Vliet

> --
> Got questions? Tell this Keen thing "Go to hell" and visit
> http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SA=GN&LNG=ENG
> If no lack there - get real newsreader software, point it to
> msnews.microsoft.com to read and post your questions.

Smtp mail delivery problem

Post by Richard van VLie » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Kiril,

Found some usefull info there.....
Keep it up.........

Greetz, Richard

schreef in bericht

> I am sorry
> That should be
> www.deja.com/usenet

> > Sorry Kirrill,

> > Could not Find :
> > www.microsoft.com/usenet

> > <snip>

> --
> Got questions? Tell this Keen thing "Go to hell" and visit
> http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SA=GN&LNG=ENG
> If no lack there - get real newsreader software, point it to
> msnews.microsoft.com to read and post your questions.

1. SMTP E-Mail Delivery Problem.....Please Help !

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a strange problem I am having with
our Exchange 5.5 SP4 server.

I can send SMTP e-mails to all domains except one domain (ptd.net).
Exchange seems to think the domain is a local domain homed on our
Exchange server, since it never even queues the e-mail in the IMC
Outbound queue.  I verified this behavior by temporarily adding a

to that e-mail address.  The internal user received the mail in her
inbox immediately.

The IMC routing tab has only one entry in it for mydomain.com which is
set to <inbound>.  There is no entry for ptd.net listed, yet Exchange
seems to think ptd.net is an inbound domain......

I've verified that I can lookup the MX record for ptd.net using
NSLOOKUP and can also telnet to smtpin.ptd.net on the SMTP port and
receive a banner, so I have connectivity to the server.  But for some
reason Exchange thinks ptd.net is a local domain.....

I've tried removing the IMC and re-installing it but the same problem
exists.

Any ideas ??

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!!

2. IMS - Failing Continously

3. Internet Mail Service SMTP Delivery Problem

4. Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 POP3 error

5. Problem with SMTP Mail delivery

6. New mailbox

7. Internet Mail Service SMTP Delivery Problem

8. Outlook Opens E-Mail Automatically

9. SMTP delivery problems

10. SMTP delivery problem!

11. SMTP Delivery Problems

12. SMTP delivery problems - guru needed!