multiple smtp addresses in site addressing?

multiple smtp addresses in site addressing?

Post by Greg Wilco » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Is it possible to modify site addressing in such a way as to allow the
automatic generation of multiple SMTP addresses for each mailbox?  For
example, I would like to have each person furnished with two addresses...

BTW, Exchange 5.5 SP3

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you,

Greg Wilcox, MCSE CCNA

multiple smtp addresses in site addressing?

No, this is not possible.

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in group).

Kirill S. Palagin

multiple smtp addresses in site addressing?

Post by Greg Wilco » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Thank you.

Quote:> No, this is not possible.

1. Multiple SMTP address templates - in site addressing

Greg,

I've tried do it by export/import but putting two "STMP" addresses in the
"Email Addresses" field causes the import to fail. Is there a different
field/column that I should be putting the alternate addresses in? The
"Email Addresses" field can have several different Email address types (MS
Mail, X.400, SMTP, etc.) but only one of each type of address type.
Entering a second SMTP address type using the Admin GUI and then doing an
export (even using raw mode) only exports the default mail address for each
type.

I must be missing something obvious here but I can't see what it is.

Fred D. Brown
Digital Equipment of Canada Limited

2. Installing Exchange 5.5 over a trial license

3. multiple smtp addresses in one site

4. moving mail boxes

5. Multiple SMTP Addresses for Single Site

6. test

7. Multiple SMTP Addresses in one site

8. Exchange 2000 Display Names

9. Receiving Mail Addressed to Multiple SMTP Addresses

10. Setting default SMTP address on mailbox with multiple addresses

11. Receiving Mail Addressed to Multiple SMTP Addresses

12. Adding Multiple Users with Multiple SMTP Addresses