Exchange 5.5 data transfer to another box for a rebuild of Org Box

Exchange 5.5 data transfer to another box for a rebuild of Org Box

Post by Martin Blackston » Mon, 19 Aug 2002 02:55:46

If you want to do it that way, see the FAQ in my sig. Ed Crowley Server Move
Method.

--
Martin Blackstone
Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

Quote:> All,
> I need to get data from my 5.5 NT4.0 box off so I may
> reformat it and recreate from scratch. My thought was to
> bring up another 5.5 box in the same site...copy
> mailboxes to the new box..re home Pub.edb...then kill org
> 5.5 box. Rebuild the Org box then do the same to bring
> info back onto the newely rebuilt box...ANY OTHER
> SUGGESTIONS OUT THERE?

> THANKS

1. Merge exchange 5.5 mail box to exchange 2003 mail box

Hi all,

What would happen when I use the exmerge utlity to export
the mail boxes from Exchange 5.5 server to exchange 2003?
But the exchange 2003 only setup most of the mailboxes
export from exchange 5.5. In other word, I do not want
export all the mail boxes from the old server to the new
server. Does the mail boxes did not get setup on the new
server be skiped when I run exmerge to import the new box?

Thanks.

Steve

2. WINS & Exchange

3. Moving from NT4 Exchange 5.5 box to new Win2k Exchange2k box

4. Exchange V6

5. Total Rebuild of 5.5 box - what are options?

6. Exchange offline defrag.

7. Replicating a 5.5 box to a 2000 box

8. Update of Network from NT 4.0 to 2003 and can't install Exchange 5.5 CALs

9. rebuild exchange box with same name

10. Rebuild Exchange Box

11. rebuild exchange box with same name

12. transferring exchange to a new box??

13. Restoration of Two Exchange boxes onto one DR box