How to stop incomming shit !?!?!

Post by JosGa » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 01:31:22

Now i've my Exchange working properly (i hope), i'm receiving a lot of shit
!!

I said to Exchange to send a copy to my account of all mail received with
mistmatched recipient to see if i was been spammed.. and GOOD GOD !!!!!,
sure i am !!!

Now... how can i filter/stop all than incomming messages ???

How to stop incomming shit !?!?!

Post by Mark Fugat » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 01:42:22

You will need to purchase a Content Management System, here is a link to
some of the common one's:
http://www.msexchange.org/software/software.asp?cat=ContentChecking

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Now i've my Exchange working properly (i hope), i'm receiving a lot of
shit
> !!

> I said to Exchange to send a copy to my account of all mail received with
> mistmatched recipient to see if i was been spammed.. and GOOD GOD !!!!!,
> sure i am !!!

> Now... how can i filter/stop all than incomming messages ???

How to stop incomming shit !?!?!

Post by Consultant » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 01:49:34

be sure to close your open relay

Quote:> Now i've my Exchange working properly (i hope), i'm receiving a lot of
shit
> !!

> I said to Exchange to send a copy to my account of all mail received with
> mistmatched recipient to see if i was been spammed.. and GOOD GOD !!!!!,
> sure i am !!!

> Now... how can i filter/stop all than incomming messages ???

How to stop incomming shit !?!?!

Post by Mark Fugat » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 01:55:54

If the mail is being delivered into his organization, it is not a relay
issue, Spam and Relaying are two completely different things.

--
Mark Fugatt

> be sure to close your open relay

> > Now i've my Exchange working properly (i hope), i'm receiving a lot of
> shit
> > !!

> > I said to Exchange to send a copy to my account of all mail received
with
> > mistmatched recipient to see if i was been spammed.. and GOOD GOD !!!!!,
> > sure i am !!!

> > Now... how can i filter/stop all than incomming messages ???

How to stop incomming shit !?!?!

Post by James Mascar » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 02:23:16

I am not aware of any way you can stop spam or filter content directed at
your domain using Exchange alone. To intelligently filter content you will
need a product like Message Inspector from Elron Software:
http://www.elronsw.com/productfamily/msginspector.shtml

Message Inspector will also allow you to create a list of allowed e-mail
addresses in your domain. This will prevent mismatched e-mails from reaching
your Exchange server.

Another option that works wonders at stopping spam may be available to you
if you are running a Check Point Firewall. There is an function called an
SMTP security server. Using the SMTP security server you can bounce unwanted
e-mails before they even enter your network. Rules can be created to bounce
any mail that doesn't have "From" field, which is typical of spam. You can
also bounce e-mails from/to specific address. This works well if you are
receiving tons of mail for ex-employees that "forgot" to unsubscribe from
mail lists before they were fired :)

Just some options...

NetCom IT Consulting