Exporting x500, x400, and SMTP

Post by Throc » Sun, 12 Oct 2003 01:51:23

I need to export the x500, x400, and SMTP addresses from
an Exchange 5.5 server.  This is in preparation to import
them into an E2K environment.

Does anyone have a good method for doing this?  I would
use LDIFDE in an AD environment.  CSVDE works but it's a
bit clunky; I'd prefer a cleaner approach.

Thanks

Exporting x500, x400, and SMTP

Post by Susa » Sun, 12 Oct 2003 02:00:57

you could use directory export - create the header file (header.exe) with
whatever fields you want...then run the export...

Quote:> I need to export the x500, x400, and SMTP addresses from
> an Exchange 5.5 server.  This is in preparation to import
> them into an E2K environment.

> Does anyone have a good method for doing this?  I would
> use LDIFDE in an AD environment.  CSVDE works but it's a
> bit clunky; I'd prefer a cleaner approach.

> Thanks

Exporting x500, x400, and SMTP

Post by Ben Winzen » Sun, 12 Oct 2003 02:16:25

You don't want to export x.400 addresses.  I'm not sure what you would use
the x.500 address for either.  When the mailboxes are created on the new
Exchange 2000 server, it will stamp them with it's own x400 and smtp
addresses based on the recipient policy.  Probably the only thing that you
want are additional smtp addresses that have been defined for users.  You
can use that with the directory export feature in Exchange 5.5.  You need to
make sure that your header csv file contains the secondary-proxy-addresses
field, otherwise only the primary smtp address gets exported.

--
Ben Winzenz
Network Engineer

Exchange FAQ's: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
Exchange 2000 FAQ's: http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm

Quote:> I need to export the x500, x400, and SMTP addresses from
> an Exchange 5.5 server.  This is in preparation to import
> them into an E2K environment.

> Does anyone have a good method for doing this?  I would
> use LDIFDE in an AD environment.  CSVDE works but it's a
> bit clunky; I'd prefer a cleaner approach.

> Thanks

1. Directory export does not export all SMTP addresses...

Hi,

Does anyone know why the directory export utility from the admin interface
(and command line mode) does not list all smtp addresses for any objects?
Even though a user may have multiple smtp addresses (not necessarily from
the same domain) it only lists the primary address set as the "reply
address".

Please email me as I do not check this group often.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

David

2. Fixing lost public folders after Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 upgrade

3. x400 address with no ADMD entered always fails between 2 Organizations over X400 connector

4. Exchange 5.0: How change content type base64 to uuencode for New sfeed

5. Exchange 4.0, X400-Connector to a SNI-X400-Server

6. Removing site

7. EXCHANGE STARTED CONVERTING SMTP TO X400

8. Forwarding e-mail

9. Exchange not creating smtp or x400 entries

10. x400 and smtp address

11. X400 addresses on incoming mail converted to "bogos"smtp addresses

12. Incorrect address causes mail flow to STOP SMTP:X400 address

13. Using both SMTP and X400 connector on very slow links