RESTORE A MAILBOX

Post by Olga Sánche » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to restore a mailbox (Exchange Server version 5.5?

Thanks in advance

RESTORE A MAILBOX

Post by Chris Schar » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Yes. Check the disaster recovery whitepaper available from
www.microsoft.com/exchange

Quote:>Does anyone know how to restore a mailbox (Exchange Server version 5.5?

>Thanks in advance

RESTORE A MAILBOX

Post by Pavlovich, Kell » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

The only way to recover a mailbox is to do a complete server recovery,
ideally to a spare machine, and then export the needed mailbox to a
*.pst.  You can then reimport the *.pst back in to the user's mailbox.

Kelly T. Pavlovich
UOP - Exchange Admin.

1. Restore a mailbox without using a tap restore?

Hi,

I have a client who has Exchange 5.5 SP2 who deleted a user mailbox. He
deleted the recepient, but not the mailbox. If you go in resources you see
the user mailbox is still there with the messages. The client the proceeded
to create a new recepient with the same primary nt account. He then had 2
mailboxs appear in resources withe same name, but stil can't access the old
one. Is there a way to restore the old mailbox without any backup (the
client did not have the exchange agent.)

Thanks for you any help.

Mouchster

2. Where do I enable scripting and executable in Exchange System Manager?

3. Restore indivdual mailbox from an offline backup?

4. Help Mail Bouncing between two virtual server if smarthost not entered?

5. Restoring Individual Mailbox???

6. Public Folder

7. help, how to restore the mailbox

8. Exchange 2K upgrade?

9. Restoring a mailbox in Exchange 55

10. Which account is used to restore a mailbox

11. Restore single mailbox

12. advice needed on restoring E2k mailbox

13. Backing Up & Restoring Exchange Mailboxes