Exchange Folder in Front End Server

Post by Ariffi » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:23:57

Hi,

I'd like to check regarding the above, currently my Front
End Server's Exchange Folder has accumulated 11GB of disk
space and i have about 1+GB space left. Is this safe/ok?
How come so much disk space has been used up and could you
suggest how i can do housekeeping.

Pretty new to Exchange :-)

Exchange Folder in Front End Server

Post by Dave Howe [M » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:27:52

Quote:>Hi,

>I'd like to check regarding the above, currently my Front
>End Server's Exchange Folder has accumulated 11GB of disk
>space and i have about 1+GB space left. Is this safe/ok?
>How come so much disk space has been used up and could you
>suggest how i can do housekeeping.

>Pretty new to Exchange :-)

Is the space being consumed by log files found in the MDBDATA folder?
If so, just run Windows Backup on that server, and on the backup tab
checkmark Microsoft Exchange Server > Your Server > Information Store,
then provide a target (file.bkf or backup media).  After the backup
completes, all the log files will be removed.

Dave Howe
Microsoft PSS

Exchange Folder in Front End Server

Post by Paul » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:24:20

If this is a Front End server, you may want to consider enable circular
logging.

Quote:> Hi,