can't access public folder

Post by Joe Bo » Fri, 01 Nov 2002 00:23:22

If you are using ESM on a different computer then make sure ESM is the same
service pack level as the server.

Quote:> in the exchange system manager if i go to public folders i get this error:

> The object is no longer available.  Press F5 to refresh the display, and
> then try again.
> ID no: 800480e19
> Exchange System Manager

> What does this mean and how do i fix it?  if i use outlook i can see the
> folders just fine i just can't administer them in exchange.

> thanks,
> Rob

> ps, i know i've seen this before but i couldn't find how to fix it:  how
do
> i change the security level in outlook so i can download certain
> attachments?

can't access public folder

Post by Joe Bo » Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:03:10

Yes, but if you are using Exchange System Manager on a client computer to
administer the Exchange server remotely it needs to be at the same SP level.

This may help. Use IIS Manager and open the Default Website and go to the
properties of the Exadmin web and make sure the Athentication methods have
Integrated selected.

> i only have one server on the network.  and it has exchange sp3 on it.

> Rob

> > If you are using ESM on a different computer then make sure ESM is the
> same
> > service pack level as the server.

> > > in the exchange system manager if i go to public folders i get this
> error:

> > > The object is no longer available.  Press F5 to refresh the display,
and
> > > then try again.
> > > ID no: 800480e19
> > > Exchange System Manager

> > > What does this mean and how do i fix it?  if i use outlook i can see
the
> > > folders just fine i just can't administer them in exchange.

> > > thanks,
> > > Rob

> > > ps, i know i've seen this before but i couldn't find how to fix it:
how
> > do
> > > i change the security level in outlook so i can download certain
> > > attachments?

can't access public folder

Post by Rob Tomso » Fri, 01 Nov 2002 02:06:55

i only have one server on the network.  and it has exchange sp3 on it.

Rob

> If you are using ESM on a different computer then make sure ESM is the
same
> service pack level as the server.

> > in the exchange system manager if i go to public folders i get this
error:

> > The object is no longer available.  Press F5 to refresh the display, and
> > then try again.
> > ID no: 800480e19
> > Exchange System Manager

> > What does this mean and how do i fix it?  if i use outlook i can see the
> > folders just fine i just can't administer them in exchange.

> > thanks,
> > Rob

> > ps, i know i've seen this before but i couldn't find how to fix it:  how
> do
> > i change the security level in outlook so i can download certain
> > attachments?

1. Can't post to public folders Using Netscape Collabra 4.05 ( NNTP access to public folders )

I have the NNTP service running, I have set up an nntp hierarchy and can
read and post using outlook news and free agent.

  When I use Netscape Messenger 4.05, I can see and read articles but
the
"New  Msg" button is greyed out.  When I reply to an article I get the
ability to reply by email but not "reply to group" ( again greyed out ).

 I have verified that it works in other news readers.  Could their be a
netscape messenger to exchange 5.5 NNTP protocol problem?  Has anyone
run into this before?  Do you have a solution?

Thanks

Tony Duncan
Intranet Coordinator

2. Internet mail service

3. Recipient containers & MS Outlook

4. email to web page

5. Messages Stuck In Local Delivery SMTP Queue

6. Can't post to public folders Using Netscape Messenger ( NNTP access to public folders )

7. why i can't see the public folder after i create a public folder

8. Retrieve public folder's access control list

9. Can't access public folders