Exchange5.5+Outlook2000: Offlineadressbook -is empty...

Exchange5.5+Outlook2000: Offlineadressbook -is empty...

Post by Bo Edstro » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:37:17

Hi,

We use Exchange 5.5 and Outlook98 and Outlook 2000 for e-mail etc.

We have one problem.

Global adress list and Offlineadressbook:

Before we all had Outlook98 and and we could see the Global adress
list while "online" and "offline". Syncronization of the Global adress
list worked and still works fine with Outlook98.

Now we have several that use Outlook2000 and now we have the
Offlineadressbook that confuse (me).
I can see the Global adress list while online with Outlook2000 but in
offline mode it is gone.

In Services and Adressing you can select to choose what adress list to
show first, and I can select the Global adress list and
Offlineadressbook.

But if I select Offlineadressbook I can see it offline but it is emty!
I want the Global Adress list to be availbale offline (and we can that
in Outllok98 but not in Outlook2000).

I do not care if the name in offline mode is Global adress list (as it
is shown in Outlook98) or Offlineadressbook (that I assume is what
should be used offline).

Basically what We want is to have the Global adress list to be shown
offline in Outlook2000.

Yes I have "syncronized" the adressbook manually in Outlook2000 and
made sure to copy "all" of the adressbook. Sync is fine and no error
message.

My understanding of the whole thing is that the Global adress list is
copied (synced) to Offlineadressbook.    Right or wrong?

But I do not see where I actually tell Outloook to do just that.

Now this starts to be over my head since this has never been a problem
before.

We use Win2000 Professional.

I'm a little confused about all "adressbooks" in Outlook:

Offlineadressbook
Outlook adressbok
Kontakts
Personal adressbook...

Anyway if someone can help me in the right direction here I would be
greatful.

/Bo

Exchange5.5+Outlook2000: Offlineadressbook -is empty...

Post by Jack Stacke » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:38:46

Help file has alot of info on these objects.

Quote:> Hi,

> We use Exchange 5.5 and Outlook98 and Outlook 2000 for e-mail etc.

> We have one problem.

> Global adress list and Offlineadressbook:

> Before we all had Outlook98 and and we could see the Global adress
> list while "online" and "offline". Syncronization of the Global adress
> list worked and still works fine with Outlook98.

> Now we have several that use Outlook2000 and now we have the
> Offlineadressbook that confuse (me).
> I can see the Global adress list while online with Outlook2000 but in
> offline mode it is gone.

> In Services and Adressing you can select to choose what adress list to
> show first, and I can select the Global adress list and
> Offlineadressbook.

> But if I select Offlineadressbook I can see it offline but it is emty!
> I want the Global Adress list to be availbale offline (and we can that
> in Outllok98 but not in Outlook2000).

> I do not care if the name in offline mode is Global adress list (as it
> is shown in Outlook98) or Offlineadressbook (that I assume is what
> should be used offline).

> Basically what We want is to have the Global adress list to be shown
> offline in Outlook2000.

> Yes I have "syncronized" the adressbook manually in Outlook2000 and
> made sure to copy "all" of the adressbook. Sync is fine and no error
> message.

> My understanding of the whole thing is that the Global adress list is
> copied (synced) to Offlineadressbook.    Right or wrong?

> But I do not see where I actually tell Outloook to do just that.

> Now this starts to be over my head since this has never been a problem
> before.

> We use Win2000 Professional.

> I'm a little confused about all "adressbooks" in Outlook:

> Offlineadressbook
> Outlook adressbok
> Kontakts
> Personal adressbook...

> Anyway if someone can help me in the right direction here I would be
> greatful.

> /Bo

1. outlook2000/exchange5.5 (Schou)

Hi,
I hope someone out there can help me with my problem. I 'm
not sur if this is an OUTLOOK2000 or EXCHANGE 5.5 issue...
The problem is that I can't se my mails in my inbox.
Outlook displays this message : "unable to display this
folder".
But I know  thas all my messages are stil there because I
can see them when I do a search on the folder.
Any ideas...?
Regards.
Khalid

2. SMF Connector

3. Outlook2000/Exchange5.5 - Client must hit send/receive or change folders to dlever/receive mail

4. EFD showing question

5. Outlook2000 and Exchange5.5 problem.

6. recipient postal address is incorrect?

7. Exchange5.5/Outlook2000 Duplicate messages

8. How to stop invalid from addresses

9. Exchange5.5 Outlook2000 WINS

10. Outlook2000 In Office 2000 And Stand Alone Outlook2000.

11. Sync Offlineadressbook: 0x800401F (error?)

12. Errormessage for Offlineadressbook sync (in sync log)

13. Move Exchange5.5_sp2 to Exchange5.5_sp4 on a w2k srvr