permission admin cannot modify permissions on public folders

permission admin cannot modify permissions on public folders

Post by exchang » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi people,

One of the accounts with a permission admin role on all public folders
(inherited from site)
cannot modify permissions on public folders, other accounts with the same
role can.
I tried renewing the role on the site container. Added the permission admin
role on a single public folder. Made no difference.
Its a single site Exchange 5.5 SP3 on NT4 SP 6a.
Does anybody know a cause and/or a remedy?

Rob Willemse

permission admin cannot modify permissions on public folders

Post by Dima Oussevitc » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Could you be bit more specific?

Do you mean that an NT Account was assigned with "permission admin" and then
it cannot administer that folder using Admin.EXE?

Or do you mean that an NT accout was assigned with "permission admin" and
then the user cannot modify folders' permissions using Outlook?

Dima

Quote:> Hi people,

> One of the accounts with a permission admin role on all public folders
> (inherited from site)
> cannot modify permissions on public folders, other accounts with the same
> role can.
> I tried renewing the role on the site container. Added the permission
admin
> role on a single public folder. Made no difference.
> Its a single site Exchange 5.5 SP3 on NT4 SP 6a.
> Does anybody know a cause and/or a remedy?

> Rob Willemse

permission admin cannot modify permissions on public folders

Post by exchang » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello Dima,

Yes i will be more specific,
1. the NT account assigned with "permission admin" cannot administer that
folder using Admin.exe (thats the problem) and
2. it cannot modify folders' permissions using Outlook (thats normal)

Rob

Dima Oussevitch heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>One of the accounts with a permission admin role on all public folders
>(inherited from site)
>cannot modify permissions on public folders,

What happens when he clicks on the "Client Permissions" button? Or is
the button grayed out?

Quote:>other accounts with the same
>role can.
>I tried renewing the role on the site container. Added the permission admin
>role on a single public folder. Made no difference.
>Its a single site Exchange 5.5 SP3 on NT4 SP 6a.
>Does anybody know a cause and/or a remedy?

I think I'd start with a DS/IS Consistency Adjustment and see if that
sets things right.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

permission admin cannot modify permissions on public folders

Post by exchang » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Rich Matheisen [MVP] heeft geschreven in bericht ...

>What happens when he clicks on the "Client Permissions" button? Or is
>the button grayed out?

Its not grayed out, it shows:                     Microsoft System
Reviewer.
Quote:

>I think I'd start with a DS/IS Consistency Adjustment and see if that
>sets things right.

I did a DS/IS Consistency Adjustment on the public information store:
1   Synchronize with the directory and reset the home server value for
public folders homed in unknown sites
2   Remove unknown user accounts from public folder permissions
A good suggestion (thanks), but it did not solve the problem.

permission admin cannot modify permissions on public folders

Post by hellbe.. » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Have you fixed this please, as I have the same
problem...........and need help too!
In article

> Rich Matheisen [MVP] heeft geschreven in
bericht ...

> >What happens when he clicks on the "Client

Permissions" button? Or is
Quote:> >the button grayed out?

> Its not grayed out, it

shows:                     Microsoft System
Quote:> Reviewer.

> >I think I'd start with a DS/IS Consistency

Adjustment and see if that
Quote:> >sets things right.
> I did a DS/IS Consistency Adjustment on the

public information store:
Quote:> 1   Synchronize with the directory and reset

the home server value for

> public folders homed in unknown sites
> 2   Remove unknown user accounts from public
folder permissions
> A good suggestion (thanks), but it did not
solve the problem.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

permission admin cannot modify permissions on public folders

Post by hellbe.. » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:00:00

OK I have found out a little more about this problem; if you install
sp3 for exchange on the workstation that is running exchange admin for
this user it gets rid of the 'microsoft system reviewer' and they can
view the permissions - however the add and remove buttons are still
greyed out - seems like half a fix!  Any additional help would be
appreciated as this is driving me nuts!  If I discover anything else I
will let you know and I hope you will do the same.

Cheers Helen

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 15 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>Rich Matheisen [MVP] heeft geschreven in bericht ...

>>What happens when he clicks on the "Client Permissions" button? Or is
>>the button grayed out?

>Its not grayed out, it shows:                     Microsoft System
>Reviewer.

And you're running SP3? Is the admin program being run from the
keyboard of the Exchange server, or from a workstation? If from a
workstation, have you applied SP3 on that workstation?

If you have, try Q254805 installed on the server, first -- then on the
workstation (don't reverse that sequence or omit the application of
the fix on the server).

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. permission admin cannot modify clientpermissions on public folders

Hi people,

This is a problem I admitted on 6 oktober 2000 12:28. I hope i put the
problem quite clear now.

One of the accounts with a permission admin role on all public folders
(inherited from site) cannot modify client-permissions on public folders
using Admin.exe, other accounts with the same role can.

When he clicks the "Client Permissions" button it shows: Microsoft System
Reviewer.

Its a single site Exchange 5.5 SP3 on NT4 SP 6a.

I tried deleting and adding the account on the site container.

I added the permission admin role on a single public folder. It made no
difference.

I did a DS/IS Consistency Adjustment on the public information store:
1   Synchronize with the directory and reset the home server value for
public folders homed in unknown sites
2   Remove unknown user accounts from public folder permissions
A good suggestion from Rich Matheisen [MVP] (thanks), but it did not solve
the problem.

Does anybody know a cause and/or a remedy?

Rob Willemse

2. 9 hour delay in mail delivery

3. modifying permissions to Public Folders

4. MS Mai and Outlook Express

5. Can't modify public folder permissions from XP client

6. Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector sending messages to Outlook users

7. Can't Modify Public Folder Permission

8. how does failure switchover take place?

9. Public Folder Errors / Modified Permission

10. Cannot add distribution group to permissions of public folder

11. User with editor permission on a public folder cannot change content

12. Cannot delete public folder from outlook, even though permissions are correct