Can't get AGENT tab in Outlook client..

Post by Giovanni Nucci » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I got a sample script that gets installed in the Inbox Folder of a
conference room mailbox or other resource account.  I did the following:

1. I made sure that the EVENT SERVICE is installed and running on my
Exchange Server.
2. I ensured that the conference room mailbox has permission to install
scripts on this server (in
FOLDERS\SYSTEMFOLDERS\EVENTSROOT\EVENTCONFIG_<ServerName> Client
Permissions)

Now when I right click properties of the large conference mailbox inbox, I
dont get the AGENT tab.  I am using Outlook98.

Is their something I am missing?  What doesnt it work?

Help please.

Thanks.

Can't get AGENT tab in Outlook client..

Post by beeja » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

CAUSE
=====

The Server Scripting extension for Outlook 98 is not turned on by default.

RESOLUTION
==========

To turn on the Server Scripting extension, follow these steps:

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.

2. On the Other tab click the Advanced Options

3. Click Add-In Manager and then click to select the Server
   Scripting check box. Click OK three times to return to Outlook.

>I got a sample script that gets installed in the Inbox Folder of a
>conference room mailbox or other resource account.  I did the following:

>1. I made sure that the EVENT SERVICE is installed and running on my
>Exchange Server.
>2. I ensured that the conference room mailbox has permission to install
>scripts on this server (in
>FOLDERS\SYSTEMFOLDERS\EVENTSROOT\EVENTCONFIG_<ServerName> Client
>Permissions)

>Now when I right click properties of the large conference mailbox inbox, I
>dont get the AGENT tab.  I am using Outlook98.

>Is their something I am missing?  What doesnt it work?

>Help please.

>Thanks.

Can't get AGENT tab in Outlook client..

Post by Felipe Gi » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
    I've the same problem, but after I follow the steps mentioned on the KB
Article, I got the following message while accesing the Properties of any
Public Folder:

        "The Add-In "<HomeDir>\Addins\Scrptxtn.dll" cuold not be installed
or loaded ..."

Any ideas about that ?? Where can I get this .dll file ?
I've made a full installation of Outlook 98 and I had previously Outlook 97
installed.
Any help will be appreciatet.
TIA

Felipe Gil

beejay escribi en mensaje

>CAUSE
>=====

>The Server Scripting extension for Outlook 98 is not turned on by default.

>RESOLUTION
>==========

>To turn on the Server Scripting extension, follow these steps:

>1. On the Tools menu, click Options.

>2. On the Other tab click the Advanced Options

>3. Click Add-In Manager and then click to select the Server
>   Scripting check box. Click OK three times to return to Outlook.

>>I got a sample script that gets installed in the Inbox Folder of a
>>conference room mailbox or other resource account.  I did the following:

>>1. I made sure that the EVENT SERVICE is installed and running on my
>>Exchange Server.
>>2. I ensured that the conference room mailbox has permission to install
>>scripts on this server (in
>>FOLDERS\SYSTEMFOLDERS\EVENTSROOT\EVENTCONFIG_<ServerName> Client
>>Permissions)

>>Now when I right click properties of the large conference mailbox inbox, I
>>dont get the AGENT tab.  I am using Outlook98.

>>Is their something I am missing?  What doesnt it work?

>>Help please.

>>Thanks.

Can't get AGENT tab in Outlook client..

Post by Stuart Nutta » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>i just found out that if you have the upgrade version of 5.5 from 5.0 or 4.0,
>the event service is not installed.  does anybody know how to install event
>service afterward?  thanks.

Run the setup from the Exchange CD and do Add/Remove - click the Event
Service and then reapply any service packs you may have.  Worked for us.

Re: Agents tab - it's a nightmare getting it to appear!

Stuart

1. Getting the Agents tab to appear in Outlook folder properties

I have Exchange 5.5 SP1 and Outlook 98 installed. The Exchange Event
service is running. The eventconfig_servername folder exists. I added
myself as owner of the eventconfig_servername folder as well as an
application folder I created from Outlook. Outlook is configured with
the Server Scripting Add-In.  When I right click the app folder from
Outlook, I should get the Agents tab as part of the properties page,
but it doesn't showup.  I have this working in a different
environment, but I can't figure out what I did differently.

Tim

2. views in OWA 5.5

3. Agents Tab doesn't appears on properties of public folder

4. store mails on media as .msg

5. Agents TAB doesn't appear

6. Catch email with a public folder

7. Agent Tab doesn't appear on folder properties in Outlook98

8. Drive space on C: when upgrading to 5.5 from 5.0

9. Can't get agent tab...

10. Can't get Agent tab

11. Can't get agent tab...

12. Can't Find "Agent" Tab