some assistance please

Post by Mike Generala » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

A curious situation here:

I have a user who can only 'send as' if he uses the from button and pulls
the mailbox off of the address book. If he manually types in the user
mailbox name (exactly as it is in the display name) he gets a error saying
that he does not have permissions to send as. I have checked the mailbox and
user belongs to a group with send as permissions for this mailbox.

?

some assistance please

Post by Chris Scharf » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:21:11 -0400, "Mike Generalao"

>A curious situation here:

>I have a user who can only 'send as' if he uses the from button and pulls
>the mailbox off of the address book. If he manually types in the user
>mailbox name (exactly as it is in the display name) he gets a error saying
>that he does not have permissions to send as. I have checked the mailbox and
>user belongs to a group with send as permissions for this mailbox.

Address is resolving to a PAB, nickname file or contact entry instead
of the mailbox?

some assistance please

Post by Mike Generala » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

thank you for the assistance Chris. I greatly appreciate it.

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:21:11 -0400, "Mike Generalao"

> >A curious situation here:

> >I have a user who can only 'send as' if he uses the from button and pulls
> >the mailbox off of the address book. If he manually types in the user
> >mailbox name (exactly as it is in the display name) he gets a error
saying
> >that he does not have permissions to send as. I have checked the mailbox
and
> >user belongs to a group with send as permissions for this mailbox.

> Address is resolving to a PAB, nickname file or contact entry instead
> of the mailbox?

some assistance please

Post by Chris Scharf » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:20:49 -0400, "Mike Generalao"

>thank you for the assistance Chris. I greatly appreciate it.

So should I assume I guessed right? <g>

--
Chris Scharff
Exchange MVP

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

1. Migration Wizard Assistance please

Does anybody have experience migration users from unix Sendmail to
Exchange (5.5, SP4) in a clustered enviroment?  I have about 5k
accounts to move over.  I'd like to dump everyone's  mail into their
.pst, but I'm not sure how to do them all at once.

Because the home dirs are clustered, some users are on
\\server1\username , some are on \\server2\username, others are on
\\server3\username.  All .pst/.pab files are kept in
\\server\username\_sys\Exchange.  The home directory is mounted from
anywhere upon domain login.  Is there a way to specify a variable in
the control file using the migration wizard?

Example:
for $USERNAME in USERLIST
do
cp $MAIL \\server?\username\_sys\Exchange\name.pst
done

(If you can't tell, I'm a unix admin. But above is basically what I
need done in Windows, hense the need for assistance).  If you have
questions, email me and I'll clarify as best I can, but I'm kinda out
there when it comes to Exchange/NT.

Thanks folks, back to google I go...

--Dave

2. NEWSFEED QUESTION

3. Need Relay Assistance Please

4. Classified messages

5. Exchange 2000 / Blackberry issue....need assistance please

6. Removing MSMail connector after server move

7. Assistance PLEASE?!?

8. Getting Custom Recipient info through MAPI into ASP directory

9. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

10. Please help, PLEASE PLEASE

11. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

12. Work flow assistance

13. Virus Cleanup Assistance