Outlook Web Access/Public Folders/Calendars Problem

Outlook Web Access/Public Folders/Calendars Problem

Post by John- » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

We are running Exchange 5.5 SP2/NT40 SP3  We have several public folders
with calendars in them.   Accessing the calendars through Outlook '98 works
just fine.  When a user, however, accessing through the Web tries to look at
a calendar in a public folder, he/she actually gets THEIR OWN calendar -
not the one in the public folder.

Anyone else experience this?   Any clues?

Outlook Web Access/Public Folders/Calendars Problem

Post by Chris Schar » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

OWA currently does not support public calendars.

Quote:>We are running Exchange 5.5 SP2/NT40 SP3  We have several public folders
>with calendars in them.   Accessing the calendars through Outlook '98 works
>just fine.  When a user, however, accessing through the Web tries to look at
>a calendar in a public folder, he/she actually gets THEIR OWN calendar -
>not the one in the public folder.

>Anyone else experience this?   Any clues?

Outlook Web Access/Public Folders/Calendars Problem

Post by Brian Har » Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Yes, I am experiencing this. And if you try to access the public calendars
anonymously, you get an error in all frames about rendering objects. I have
reinstalled OWA several times no avail.

>We are running Exchange 5.5 SP2/NT40 SP3  We have several public folders
>with calendars in them.   Accessing the calendars through Outlook '98 works
>just fine.  When a user, however, accessing through the Web tries to look
at
>a calendar in a public folder, he/she actually gets THEIR OWN calendar -
>not the one in the public folder.

>Anyone else experience this?   Any clues?

Outlook Web Access/Public Folders/Calendars Problem

Post by Tad Metzge » Thu, 18 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Technet says that you cannot open either public calendar or contact folders
using OWA.  It's too bad - hopefully they will fix this soon.

>Yes, I am experiencing this. And if you try to access the public calendars
>anonymously, you get an error in all frames about rendering objects. I have
>reinstalled OWA several times no avail.

>>We are running Exchange 5.5 SP2/NT40 SP3  We have several public folders
>>with calendars in them.   Accessing the calendars through Outlook '98
works
>>just fine.  When a user, however, accessing through the Web tries to look
>at
>>a calendar in a public folder, he/she actually gets THEIR OWN calendar -
>>not the one in the public folder.

>>Anyone else experience this?   Any clues?

1. Outlook Web Access - Cannot open a calendar public folder

Hello,

When I try to access Public Folders that contains Calendar items from the
Outlook Web Access client, I am being redirected to my own personal Calendar
folder.  I am running Exchange Server 5.5 with SP3.  I have Owner permission
on all of these Calendars and am able to fully administer them inhouse via
Outlook 97/2000.

I found two tech articles (#Q186707 and Q200373) which state that the OWA
client does not currently support accessing a Public Folder containing
Contacts or Calendar data.  These articles were last updated in late 1999 so
I don't know if this is still the case.

Is anyone else having this problem or know if there is a fix?  Any help will
be GREATLY appreciated!!

John

2. Stop warnings for disabled users?

3. Outlook Public Folder for Calendar via Web Access

4. Global Address Lists are doing my head in

5. Outlook Web Access (OWA) and Public Folder calendars

6. Moved Mailboxes Causes Login Failure...

7. OUtlook 98 Calendar and Web Access Calendar Problems

8. One user cannot hit reply

9. Outlook Web Access - Public Folder Problems

10. Exchange 2000 Outlook Web Access Public Folders problems.

11. How to disable Public Folder Access from Outlook Web Access

12. Anon access public folders from outlook web access?