Multiple Domains

Post by Brian Kon » Thu, 26 Dec 2002 10:28:45

Is it possible to host multiple domains on a Exchange 5.5
or 2000 server? My company has merged with another
company and we will be combining our data centers. We
will need to have multiple domains running at the same
time until we can consolidate the servers. How can this
be acomplished with Exchange and what would the process
be for adding there Exchange server Domain to ours or
vice versa.

Brian

Multiple Domains

Post by AI » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 22:19:19

Hello,

You can add multiple domains in the Exchange 5.5 IMS: on the routing tab,
just add all the domains you need and set them all as 'inbound'.  Please
note that you have to select the 'routing' radio button before you can add
domains, even if you don't want them routed.  Select the button, add the
information and then change it back to 'Inbound'.  As long as your MX
records are set up correctly it will work fine.

XFOR: Configuring Internet Mail Server to Route SMTP Messages for Multiple
Domains (Q264557)at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q264557 .
For having multiple domains on Exchange 2000  you need to configure a second
Default SMTP Virtual Server as described in:
- Q266686 How to Configure the SMTP Service Part 1
 at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q266/6/86.ASP ,
How to Receive Messages for Two SMTP Domains Using Exchange 2000 at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q289/8/33.ASP ,
Setting Up SMTP Domains for Inbound and Relay E-Mail in Exchange 2000 Server
at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q260/9/73.ASP .

Regards,
Intermedia.NET (AI)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> Is it possible to host multiple domains on a Exchange 5.5
> or 2000 server? My company has merged with another
> company and we will be combining our data centers. We
> will need to have multiple domains running at the same
> time until we can consolidate the servers. How can this
> be acomplished with Exchange and what would the process
> be for adding there Exchange server Domain to ours or
> vice versa.

> Brian

1. multiple domain box, multiple domain mail?

Hey all -
I am currently hosting multiple domains on a windows 2000
AS machine - one main domain (domain1.com), and some
secondary domains with host headers (www.domain2.com,
www.domain3.com) all on one IP. I also have Exchange 2000
installed on the box with active directory integration.
My question is if it is possible to set up mailboxes

how?

in advance!!! :)
Shawn

2. Exchange Message - Port already open

3. Multiple Domains/ Multiple domain mailboxes?

4. PRINT incoming-outgoing emails

5. ADC, Multiple e5.5 sites, & Multiple Domains

6. OWA - 404 Not Found - SP2 doesn't fix!

7. ADC, Multiple e5.5 sites & Multiple Domains

8. Exchange Config Question

9. Help with configuring Exchange 2000 - Multiple Domains/Multiple Information Stores

10. Multiple Domains + Multiple Users

11. Multiple SMTP,POP3 server for multiple Domain ?

12. Help with configuring Exchange 2000 - Multiple Domains/Multiple Information Stores

13. 1 OWA server for multiple Exchange server in multiple domains