Outlook 2000 not saving PW with 5.5

Post by John McCo » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I have a user running Windows 98 and added our company internet email
account to her machine. It worked fine for about 3 hours and then the
password dialog box came up to enter the password but I couldn't make the
password stick. The checkbox in the dialog box kept losing the check to
remember password.

Has anyone seen this one before? I am going to update Office 2000 tomorrow
to SR1 and patch Outlook but this is a strange one.

Thanks

--
John McCoy

ClubWin

Outlook 2000 not saving PW with 5.5

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 13:26:49

Since Exchange does not have a password this has to be a password request
from the O/S. What is she using to get to the corporate mail?

A ship ought not to be held by one anchor, nor life by a single
hope. -Epictetus, philosopher (c. 60-120)

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP

> I have a user running Windows 98 and added our company internet email
> account to her machine. It worked fine for about 3 hours and then the
> password dialog box came up to enter the password but I couldn't make the
> password stick. The checkbox in the dialog box kept losing the check to
> remember password.

> Has anyone seen this one before? I am going to update Office 2000 tomorrow
> to SR1 and patch Outlook but this is a strange one.

> Thanks

> --
> John McCoy

> ClubWin

Outlook 2000 not saving PW with 5.5

Post by John McCo » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi, I figured it out. It was on the other end since this is not using the
system password.

Thanks

--
John McCoy

ClubWin

> Since Exchange does not have a password this has to be a password request
> from the O/S. What is she using to get to the corporate mail?

> --

> A ship ought not to be held by one anchor, nor life by a single
> hope. -Epictetus, philosopher (c. 60-120)

> Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP

> > I have a user running Windows 98 and added our company internet email
> > account to her machine. It worked fine for about 3 hours and then the
> > password dialog box came up to enter the password but I couldn't make
the
> > password stick. The checkbox in the dialog box kept losing the check to
> > remember password.

> > Has anyone seen this one before? I am going to update Office 2000
tomorrow
> > to SR1 and patch Outlook but this is a strange one.

> > Thanks

> > --
> > John McCoy

> > ClubWin

1. Outlook 2000 Profile not Saved on Log Off

On a Windows XP machine with SP 1 on a  Windows 2000 domain ( all
patches applied) When a outlook profile is first created to point to
an exchange server (Exchange 2000) It works. Then when a user logs off
and logs back on, the global address list and other network based
resources in outlook cannot be accessed. They can recieve email, but
cannont send it.

Strange eh?

Any ideas would be apprecitated.

2. Toolbar location

3. Outlook does not save over 23 rules on Exchange 5.5

4. Exchange 2K Front End Server - OWA not working

5. I can not save my work in Microsoft Workflow Designer for Exchange 2000 Server

6. help ! can send mail but can NOT recive

7. Outlook 2000 not recalling messages on Exchange 5.5 ??

8. Problems with install Active Server Components on my computer

9. Outlook 2000 Client does not collect mail from Exchange Server 5.5

10. Outlook 2000 not connecting to Exchange Server 5.5 SP2

11. Outlook 2000 not recalling messages on Exchange 5.5

12. Outlook 2000 will not send or receive mail through Exchange 5.5

13. Save password setting not saved for e-mail accounts