allow outside people send mail though my exchange 2k server

allow outside people send mail though my exchange 2k server

Post by Adams L » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 02:14:47

Hi there,

I am new to exchange, please forgive my stupid question and poor English!

I have an exchange 2000 server installed. I want to let outside people send
mail though my exchange 2000 Server with authentication.

Actually, outside people can send mail though my exchange server when
authentication of "SMTP Virtual Server" set to "anonymous access".

I got an error message "Server respone :454.5.7.3 client does not have
permission to send as this sender" when "anonymous access" disabled.

Does anyone tell me what should I do to make the authentication success or
there are another method to acheive it.

Thanks you for all replies!

Adams Lo

allow outside people send mail though my exchange 2k server

Post by Yor Suiri » Sun, 20 Oct 2002 00:13:47

First you will need a Method/Server for them to Authenticate with.
If the Users are Not Local to your Network then there are a Lot of things
You will have to do.
I suggest you check the MS knowledge base about issues of authentication
before you worry about your Exchange setup

Quote:> Hi there,

> I am new to exchange, please forgive my stupid question and poor English!

> I have an exchange 2000 server installed. I want to let outside people
send
> mail though my exchange 2000 Server with authentication.

> Actually, outside people can send mail though my exchange server when
> authentication of "SMTP Virtual Server" set to "anonymous access".

> I got an error message "Server respone :454.5.7.3 client does not have
> permission to send as this sender" when "anonymous access" disabled.

> Does anyone tell me what should I do to make the authentication success or
> there are another method to acheive it.

> Thanks you for all replies!

> Adams Lo

1. Sending mail to non-Exchange Server people

I have an NT Server running Exchange Server 5.0. I also have a foreign SMTP
mail server running under VMS. I want all mail, sent to users which do not
have defined Exchange Server accounts to be passed on to the foreign SMTP
system.

For example, if I send a mail to Anthony, and there is no Exchange Server
mailbox for Anthony, I want Exchange Server to simply forward the message
to the foreign system.

However, when I test this out, I am prompted to create an address for
Anthony. I do not want to do this I have many non-NT users, and I do not
want to waste my life updating Exchange Server with email addresses.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Please reply directly, I will post any relevant information later.

Thanks,

Keith

2. internet mail ????

3. only allow mail exchange for certain users outside company

4. adc connector problem

5. Script needed that will allow people to add themselves to a mail group

6. Windows Server 2003 POP3 question.

7. Sending an e-mail though Exchange 2000

8. Unable to Download OAB

9. Allow mail from different domains internal -> outside

10. Mail always sent as HTML even though set otherwise

11. Exchange 2k publishing outside firewall - server name persists in Outlook Services, not proper domain name

12. Can't receive mail - can send though

13. Exchange 5, news and people outside our organization