Schedule+ Free Busy Folder Missing

Post by David Duvle » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 21:58:54

It seems when I migrated from Exg55 I lost access to the Free/Busy folder.
Users receive the "Unable to update..." warning.  I did some checking and
found Q284200 seems to describe an appropriate fix.  I checked ADSI keys and
determined my Exg2000 server is pointing to the old (and now removed) server
for Free/Busy information.  Also, there is no Schedule+ Free/Busy folder in
the new system.

Can someone please answer some quick questions?
1.  Is the fix described in Q284200 the best one for this problem?  Is there
a utility that does the same thing?
2.  Will this fix also correct the folder structure by adding the Schedule+
Free/Busy folder once I restart the Store service?  If not, how do I correct
it?
3.  Do I need to apply the fix in Q275171 as well?
4.  Are there any known side effects to applying the fix in Q284200 (or, if
necessary, Q275171)?

Thanks for your help.

David Duvlea, MCP

Post by David Duvle » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:08:08

[...]

Post by Dave Howe [M » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:54:01

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:08:08 -0600, "David Duvlea"

>It seems when I migrated from Exg55 I lost access to the Free/Busy folder.
>Users receive the "Unable to update..." warning.  I did some checking and
>found Q284200 seems to describe an appropriate fix.  I checked ADSI keys and
>determined my Exg2000 server is pointing to the old (and now removed) server
>for Free/Busy information.  Also, there is no Schedule+ Free/Busy folder in
>the new system.

>Can someone please answer some quick questions?
>1.  Is the fix described in Q284200 the best one for this problem?  Is there
>a utility that does the same thing?
>2.  Will this fix also correct the folder structure by adding the Schedule+
>Free/Busy folder once I restart the Store service?  If not, how do I correct
>it?
>3.  Do I need to apply the fix in Q275171 as well?
>4.  Are there any known side effects to applying the fix in Q284200 (or, if
>necessary, Q275171)?

>Thanks for your help.

>David Duvlea, MCP

Is your current E2K mailbox store still configured to use the Exchange
5.5 server's public information store?  You can find this out under
the General tab of the Mailbox Store object.

If not, we usually run GUIDGEN to fix this issue on our support calls.
GUIDGEN is a utility on the Exchange 2000 CD, and as you've seen in
article Q275171, can be used to regenerate system folders.

Dave Howe
Microsoft PSS

Schedule+ Free Busy Folder Missing

Post by David Duvle » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 03:50:54

Thanks Dave;
No the Public Store properties are configured to use the new Exchange 2000
server.

Are there any precautions/advise to using GUIDGEN (aside from a full backup
and system state)?

Thanks

> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:08:08 -0600, "David Duvlea"

> >It seems when I migrated from Exg55 I lost access to the Free/Busy
folder.
> >Users receive the "Unable to update..." warning.  I did some checking and
> >found Q284200 seems to describe an appropriate fix.  I checked ADSI keys
and
> >determined my Exg2000 server is pointing to the old (and now removed)
server
> >for Free/Busy information.  Also, there is no Schedule+ Free/Busy folder
in
> >the new system.

> >Can someone please answer some quick questions?
> >1.  Is the fix described in Q284200 the best one for this problem?  Is
there
> >a utility that does the same thing?
> >2.  Will this fix also correct the folder structure by adding the
Schedule+
> >Free/Busy folder once I restart the Store service?  If not, how do I
correct
> >it?
> >3.  Do I need to apply the fix in Q275171 as well?
> >4.  Are there any known side effects to applying the fix in Q284200 (or,
if
> >necessary, Q275171)?

> >Thanks for your help.

> >David Duvlea, MCP

> Is your current E2K mailbox store still configured to use the Exchange
> 5.5 server's public information store?  You can find this out under
> the General tab of the Mailbox Store object.

> If not, we usually run GUIDGEN to fix this issue on our support calls.
> GUIDGEN is a utility on the Exchange 2000 CD, and as you've seen in
> article Q275171, can be used to regenerate system folders.

> Dave Howe
> Microsoft PSS

rights.

Schedule+ Free Busy Folder Missing

Post by Dave Howe [M » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 05:47:09

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:50:54 -0600, "David Duvlea"

>Thanks Dave;
>No the Public Store properties are configured to use the new Exchange 2000
>server.

>Are there any precautions/advise to using GUIDGEN (aside from a full backup
>and system state)?

>Thanks

>> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:08:08 -0600, "David Duvlea"

>> >It seems when I migrated from Exg55 I lost access to the Free/Busy
>folder.
>> >Users receive the "Unable to update..." warning.  I did some checking and
>> >found Q284200 seems to describe an appropriate fix.  I checked ADSI keys
>and
>> >determined my Exg2000 server is pointing to the old (and now removed)
>server
>> >for Free/Busy information.  Also, there is no Schedule+ Free/Busy folder
>in
>> >the new system.

>> >Can someone please answer some quick questions?
>> >1.  Is the fix described in Q284200 the best one for this problem?  Is
>there
>> >a utility that does the same thing?
>> >2.  Will this fix also correct the folder structure by adding the
>Schedule+
>> >Free/Busy folder once I restart the Store service?  If not, how do I
>correct
>> >it?
>> >3.  Do I need to apply the fix in Q275171 as well?
>> >4.  Are there any known side effects to applying the fix in Q284200 (or,
>if
>> >necessary, Q275171)?

>> >Thanks for your help.

>> >David Duvlea, MCP

>> Is your current E2K mailbox store still configured to use the Exchange
>> 5.5 server's public information store?  You can find this out under
>> the General tab of the Mailbox Store object.

>> If not, we usually run GUIDGEN to fix this issue on our support calls.
>> GUIDGEN is a utility on the Exchange 2000 CD, and as you've seen in
>> article Q275171, can be used to regenerate system folders.

>> Dave Howe
>> Microsoft PSS

>rights.

Not really, if you have a good backup w/system state, INCLUDING A
BACKUP OF YOUR ORG FORMS TO PST, you should be fine.

After you use GUIDGEN, send out a bogus meeting request to all your
users and have them accept it.  This will post their availability back
to the new free/busy folder.

Hope this helps!

Dave Howe
Microsoft PSS

Schedule+ Free Busy Folder Missing

Post by David Duvle » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 06:07:55

Thanks for your help.

Dave

> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:50:54 -0600, "David Duvlea"

> >Thanks Dave;
> >No the Public Store properties are configured to use the new Exchange
2000
> >server.

> >Are there any precautions/advise to using GUIDGEN (aside from a full
backup
> >and system state)?

> >Thanks

> >> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:08:08 -0600, "David Duvlea"

> >folder.
> >and
> >server
> >in

> >there
> >Schedule+
> >correct
> >if

> >> Is your current E2K mailbox store still configured to use the Exchange
> >> 5.5 server's public information store?  You can find this out under
> >> the General tab of the Mailbox Store object.

> >> If not, we usually run GUIDGEN to fix this issue on our support calls.
> >> GUIDGEN is a utility on the Exchange 2000 CD, and as you've seen in
> >> article Q275171, can be used to regenerate system folders.

> >> Dave Howe
> >> Microsoft PSS

> >rights.

> Not really, if you have a good backup w/system state, INCLUDING A
> BACKUP OF YOUR ORG FORMS TO PST, you should be fine.

> After you use GUIDGEN, send out a bogus meeting request to all your
> users and have them accept it.  This will post their availability back
> to the new free/busy folder.

> Hope this helps!

> Dave Howe
> Microsoft PSS

rights.

Schedule+ Free Busy Folder Missing

Post by David Duvle » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:41:48

Can you please tell me where to download this utility and any accompanying
instructions?

Thanks

> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:50:54 -0600, "David Duvlea"

> >Thanks Dave;
> >No the Public Store properties are configured to use the new Exchange
2000
> >server.

> >Are there any precautions/advise to using GUIDGEN (aside from a full
backup
> >and system state)?

> >Thanks

> >> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:08:08 -0600, "David Duvlea"

> >folder.
> >and
> >server
> >in

> >there
> >Schedule+
> >correct
> >if

> >> Is your current E2K mailbox store still configured to use the Exchange
> >> 5.5 server's public information store?  You can find this out under
> >> the General tab of the Mailbox Store object.

> >> If not, we usually run GUIDGEN to fix this issue on our support calls.
> >> GUIDGEN is a utility on the Exchange 2000 CD, and as you've seen in
> >> article Q275171, can be used to regenerate system folders.

> >> Dave Howe
> >> Microsoft PSS

> >rights.

> Not really, if you have a good backup w/system state, INCLUDING A
> BACKUP OF YOUR ORG FORMS TO PST, you should be fine.

> After you use GUIDGEN, send out a bogus meeting request to all your
> users and have them accept it.  This will post their availability back
> to the new free/busy folder.

> Hope this helps!

> Dave Howe
> Microsoft PSS

rights.

Schedule+ Free Busy Folder Missing

Post by Neil Hobso » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:47:08

It's on the E2k CD (or the service pack CDs) in the support\tools\i386
folder.

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

http://www.silversands.co.uk

> Can you please tell me where to download this utility and any accompanying
> instructions?

> Thanks

> > On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:50:54 -0600, "David Duvlea"

> > >Thanks Dave;
> > >No the Public Store properties are configured to use the new Exchange
> 2000
> > >server.

> > >Are there any precautions/advise to using GUIDGEN (aside from a full
> backup
> > >and system state)?

> > >Thanks

> > >folder.
> and
> keys
> > >and
> > >server
> folder
> > >in

Is
> > >there
> > >Schedule+
> > >correct
> (or,
> > >if

Exchange

> > >rights.

> > Not really, if you have a good backup w/system state, INCLUDING A
> > BACKUP OF YOUR ORG FORMS TO PST, you should be fine.

> > After you use GUIDGEN, send out a bogus meeting request to all your
> > users and have them accept it.  This will post their availability back
> > to the new free/busy folder.

> > Hope this helps!

> > Dave Howe
> > Microsoft PSS

> rights.

Schedule+ Free Busy Folder Missing

Post by Neil Hobso » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:48:22

I meant to say support\UTILS\i386 folder.

Off to the coffee machine now...   :-)

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

http://www.silversands.co.uk

> Can you please tell me where to download this utility and any accompanying
> instructions?

> Thanks

> > On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:50:54 -0600, "David Duvlea"

> > >Thanks Dave;
> > >No the Public Store properties are configured to use the new Exchange
> 2000
> > >server.

> > >Are there any precautions/advise to using GUIDGEN (aside from a full
> backup
> > >and system state)?

> > >Thanks

> > >folder.
> and
> keys
> > >and
> > >server
> folder
> > >in

Is
> > >there
> > >Schedule+
> > >correct
> (or,
> > >if

Exchange

> > >rights.

> > Not really, if you have a good backup w/system state, INCLUDING A
> > BACKUP OF YOUR ORG FORMS TO PST, you should be fine.

> > After you use GUIDGEN, send out a bogus meeting request to all your
> > users and have them accept it.  This will post their availability back
> > to the new free/busy folder.

> > Hope this helps!

> > Dave Howe
> > Microsoft PSS

> rights.

Schedule+ Free Busy Folder Missing

Post by David Duvle » Fri, 29 Nov 2002 02:27:12

Thanks.  I suppose I could have read the the KB Article, but that takes the
e*ment out of it.  ;-)

> I meant to say support\UTILS\i386 folder.

> Off to the coffee machine now...   :-)

> --
> Neil Hobson
> Silversands

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > Can you please tell me where to download this utility and any
accompanying
> > instructions?

> > Thanks

> > > On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:50:54 -0600, "David Duvlea"

> > 2000

> > backup

> checking
> > and
ADSI
> > keys
> removed)
> > folder

> Is
Q284200
> > (or,

> Exchange

> calls.

> > > Not really, if you have a good backup w/system state, INCLUDING A
> > > BACKUP OF YOUR ORG FORMS TO PST, you should be fine.

> > > After you use GUIDGEN, send out a bogus meeting request to all your
> > > users and have them accept it.  This will post their availability back
> > > to the new free/busy folder.

> > > Hope this helps!

> > > Dave Howe
> > > Microsoft PSS

> > rights.

1. Lost my Free/Busy database (Schedule+ Free and Busy public folder)

Hello,

While migrating my Exchange I didn't replicate the "Schedule+ Free and
Busy public folder".
Now my users can't see the free/busy info anymore and constantly get
annoyed with a pop-up message saying that the free/busy data is
unavailable.

Anyone knows how to rebuild this Schedule+ Free and Busy public
folder???

Sincerly,

David

2. Error in Eventviewer

3. missing schedule+ Free/Busy system folder

4. Cannot send attachements

5. Schedule+ Free/Busy connector missing

6. Some more exchange problems

7. Missing Free/Busy Schedule

8. PST files: Advice

9. Lost Schedule+ Free/Busy folder

10. How do I make folder Schedule+ Free Busy available i Outlook 2000

11. Problem with Schedule+ Free Busy Folder

12. Unable to Delete Schedule+ Free Busy Folders

13. Deleting Schedule+ busy/free folder