Restoring an Exchange 5.5 Mailbox

Post by Mr. Bo » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I created and populated a mailbox.  Before this mailbox was able to be
backed up...OOPS! I deleted it.  Are there any restore options in the
Exchange 5.5 Admin program for very recently deleted items?

Restoring an Exchange 5.5 Mailbox

Post by Mr. Bo » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I need to see if I can restore a mailbox I created, populated then
deleted before I could get a backup.  Is there any utility that can
help me find this information, or is it lost forever?

Thanks,

Cboyd

Restoring an Exchange 5.5 Mailbox

Post by Mr. Bo » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I created, populated and deleted a mailbox before I could get a
backup...Does exchange have a way to recover recently deleted
mailboxes for boneheads like me?

Post by Rich Matheis » Sun, 09 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>I created and populated a mailbox.  Before this mailbox was able to be
>backed up...OOPS! I deleted it.  Are there any restore options in the
>Exchange 5.5 Admin program for very recently deleted items?

No, a deleted mailbox is gone. There's no way to retreive it except
from a backup.

Deleted items and folders WITHIN a mailbox may be recovered, but not
the mailbox itself.

Restoring an Exchange 5.5 Mailbox

Post by Elton Tucke » Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:00:00

No.  Not if you delete the mailbox object.  If you had simply deleted
mail then it could have been recovered using deleted item retension...
assuming you are running that of course.

Elton Tucker MCSE ASE

>I created and populated a mailbox.  Before this mailbox was able to
be
>backed up...OOPS! I deleted it.  Are there any restore options in the
>Exchange 5.5 Admin program for very recently deleted items?

1. Need help...halfway through restore of Exchange 5.5 mailboxes

I have used Veritas BackupExec 7.3 to backup our existing Information
Store.  I created a new server with same site and org name as a new
install.  Restored data onto new server (redirecting it) and ran IS
consistency checker which created all the mailboxes I need.  I made
the Administrator the default owner of one of the mailboxes but when I
start Outlook 98 on client PC I get msg saying I have no permissions
to open the mailbox.  I have tried on client PC as various users and
even tried logging in on server with OL program but still can't access
info.

Also, I can see the mailbox names and sizes under the Server - Private
Information - Mailbox resources list but I cannot see any Public
Folder info under the similar Public Information Resources list.

Any ideas??

2. error message received from exchange in returned internal email

3. Restoring an Exchange 5.5 Mailbox

4. adding multiple members to DL

5. Using Exmerge to restore 5.5 mailboxes to 5.5 server

6. Outlook web access Contacts folder problems

7. Cannot Restore Exchange Server 5.5 (SP2) to retrieve deleted mailbox

8. Forwrding exchange 2000 email account outside of active directory

9. restore 5.5 exchange mailbox with backup exec 8.5

10. Restoring One Mailbox in Exchange 5.5 from a sub-recipient folder

11. Restoring a mailbox Exchange 5.5

12. Exchange 5.5 mailbox restore

13. Restoring Exchange 5.5 Single Mailbox