exchange startup problems Help me or i'm sacked

exchange startup problems Help me or i'm sacked

Post by Michael J Thorn » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I'm new to my job as systems administrator and have made a error. I
popped the back office cd into my server but it was already installed.
It crashed and on restart it produces an error saying one or more
Exchange services failed to start. It has also added a setup option on
the startup menu.
Exchange does not appear to work correctly? Please can anyone help.

exchange startup problems Help me or i'm sacked

Post by Ron Spadafora - MCS » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Are you getting any specific error messages in the Application log (in the
event viewer)?

--
Ronald J. Spadafora, Jr.

Remove the obvious

>I'm new to my job as systems administrator and have made a error. I
>popped the back office cd into my server but it was already installed.
>It crashed and on restart it produces an error saying one or more
>Exchange services failed to start. It has also added a setup option on
>the startup menu.
>Exchange does not appear to work correctly? Please can anyone help.

exchange startup problems Help me or i'm sacked

Post by Greg » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Check in control panel\services to see which services failed to
start...chances are it is the IS.  Go to the event view to the application
log.  You will see an error when you try to start the service.  Examine the
error reported and reference it again www. microsoft.com/kb

>I'm new to my job as systems administrator and have made a error. I
>popped the back office cd into my server but it was already installed.
>It crashed and on restart it produces an error saying one or more
>Exchange services failed to start. It has also added a setup option on
>the startup menu.
>Exchange does not appear to work correctly? Please can anyone help.

exchange startup problems Help me or i'm sacked

Post by Elton Tucke » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

You will need to have a separate server
available
Install NT (server name is irrelevant) and
exchange (same site and org name, but do NOT
join the site)
Restore the priv.edb file to the server
If it wasn't a full backup (i.e. full +
incremental or differential) run
isinteg -patch
Restart the private information store
open admin.exe add your NT account as an owner
of the mailbox
Export the data to a pst file
restore PST file to the production server.

Elton Tucker MCSE ASE

>Is it possible to restore a single mailbox of
a exchange server 5.0 ?
>one user crashed his mailbox and if found no
way to restore this

Post by Steve Snitil » Thu, 03 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> I'm new to my job as systems administrator and have made a error. I
> popped the back office cd into my server but it was already installed.
> It crashed and on restart it produces an error saying one or more
> Exchange services failed to start. It has also added a setup option on
> the startup menu.
> Exchange does not appear to work correctly? Please can anyone help.

How about restoring a Backup????

exchange startup problems Help me or i'm sacked

Post by Darin R Cam » Thu, 03 Sep 1998 04:00:00

What are the error messages you are seeing? What services did not start? Do
you have a good system backup?
Need alot more info to help you out.

Darin....

> > I'm new to my job as systems administrator and have made a error. I
> > popped the back office cd into my server but it was already installed.
> > It crashed and on restart it produces an error saying one or more
> > Exchange services failed to start. It has also added a setup option on
> > the startup menu.
> > Exchange does not appear to work correctly? Please can anyone help.

> How about restoring a Backup????

--
Darin R Camp

1. SACK Problems

I am having a problem with two particular servers sending
mail to me.  I have logged the network traffic and see
the syn packet on port 25 just like numerous other
incoming mails.  Yet my server never responds with an ack
to the packet.  Only happenpng to two incoming servers.
Any suggestions. Have gone over the packets w/ a fine
tooth comb and cannot find anything glaring or otherwise
which might suggest a connection problem. Have noticed
that these are the only two systems w/ a TPC
window size of 8192.  Changed my server TCP window size
to 16384 to no avail.  Only the SMTP packets w/ window
size of 8192 seem to fail.

2. Setting up Custom Recipients

3. PLS HELP: Service Startup/Service Account Problems

4. adding disclaimer message

5. Exchange won't receive emails after 1 hour of startup

6. BackOffice2000 (ISA/Exchange/etc.), USB/ADSL, and 2 NICs causes client Outlook to bomb out!

7. Startup of Exchange Server run's (nearly) forever

8. Error in MPR.DLL

9. Exchange services' startup accounts

10. Help frozen IMS at startup....HELP!!!

11. Exchange 5.0 Client startup and ISP Dial-up connection problem

12. Exchange 5.5 IMS startup problem