Can't administer newly created public folders on new server in one site

Can't administer newly created public folders on new server in one site

Post by Budd » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

I have two servers in one site and am just about done with the Ed
Crowley move server method.  The original server is 5.0sp2 and the new
one is 5.5sp2.  I have changed the public folder server to the new
server.  When creating new folders homed on this server from outlook,
however, I can't administer the folder from exchange admin.  I get the
following error:

"The object cannot be found in the directory. This may be becuase
replication has not completed."

Newly created recipients on the new server can be administered fine.

I also noticed:

In the summary tab (in the public folder properties in outlook) of a
folder created on the old server, there is one preceding "/", but
folders created on the new server, there are two (//).  I suspect this
may be part of the problem, but am not sure what the next step is.
Any thoughts?

1. Can't administer newly created public folders on new server in one site

[...]

2. Outlook/Exchange problem

3. OWA customization

4. can not access public address book from a newly created site

5. Exchange server not starting

6. global address list

7. Can't create a new Public Folder

8. Can't successfully create new mail enabled public folders

9. Can't create a new Public Folder

10. why i can't see the public folder after i create a public folder