Disabling users from purging messages

Post by Benjami » Thu, 16 May 2002 04:52:20

On Exchange 5.5 SP4 is it possible to prohibit users from
purging the items that have been deleted from their
Deleted Items folder?  Granted, I have message Retention
turned on and set for 30 days on the server.  Thanks.

Disabling users from purging messages

Post by Lanwenc » Thu, 16 May 2002 04:55:47

No, I don't believe so.
Keep backup tapes.
;-)

Quote:> On Exchange 5.5 SP4 is it possible to prohibit users from
> purging the items that have been deleted from their
> Deleted Items folder?  Granted, I have message Retention
> turned on and set for 30 days on the server.  Thanks.

Disabling users from purging messages

Post by Ben Winzen » Thu, 16 May 2002 05:00:38

There is not a way that I know of.  Also, you should know that when a user
purges their "Recover Deleted Items", it bypasses the Deleted Items
Retention that is set on your server.  I'm sure that there is another reason
that you are wanting to do this.  Perhaps if you post the actual reason,
there may be another way to do what you are wanting.

Ben

Quote:> On Exchange 5.5 SP4 is it possible to prohibit users from
> purging the items that have been deleted from their
> Deleted Items folder?  Granted, I have message Retention
> turned on and set for 30 days on the server.  Thanks.

Disabling users from purging messages

Post by parsona » Thu, 16 May 2002 11:32:36

You can make it difficult for them by disabling their ability to go
into the 'deleted item recovery' tool from any Outlook installation
that you controlled.  Delete the 'dumpster.ecf' file.

On Tue, 14 May 2002 12:52:20 -0700, "Benjamin"

>On Exchange 5.5 SP4 is it possible to prohibit users from
>purging the items that have been deleted from their
>Deleted Items folder?  Granted, I have message Retention
>turned on and set for 30 days on the server.  Thanks.

1. How I can delete/purge some messages in mail box of user

Problem:
user can't receive mail. He can send message but can't
receive it. I suppose that some message in his mail box
makes problem, so I want to delete it. I tried to purge
message, but option purge was disabled, I was login like
administrator, but I can't do purge.
What's the problem?

thanks for your time,
Keli

2. Merging Public folders

3. Disallowing user from Purging Deleted messages

4. email from web application to external domains

5. Recover deleted items - Disable purge

6. IMS crashing repeatedly and not always accepting inbound connections

7. disabling users without disabling mailbox

8. Can't send messages to public folders

9. How disable user...without disable mailbox

10. How to disable users from accessing other users email

11. purging users

12. Stop users from purging

13. Auto-purging users Deleted Items folder