Merging Two Administrative Groups

Post by Uso » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:58:46

Hi,

Two exchange 5.5 servers that are two sites in one organisation have been
upgraded (inplace) to Exchange 2000.
Now each is in it's own Administrative Group.
What is the best way to put them in one Admin Group, baring in mid that in a
few month we are planning to replace the hardware. So some re-installation
etc. will be done anyway.

regards,

Uso

Merging Two Administrative Groups

Post by Jem Davi » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 01:40:52

The only way to move Exchange 2000 servers between
Administrative Groups is... to reinstall.

JemD

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>Two exchange 5.5 servers that are two sites in one

organisation have been
Quote:>upgraded (inplace) to Exchange 2000.
>Now each is in it's own Administrative Group.
>What is the best way to put them in one Admin Group,

baring in mid that in a
Quote:>few month we are planning to replace the hardware. So

some re-installation
Quote:>etc. will be done anyway.

>regards,

>Uso

>.

1. Replicating Calendar info amongst two administrative groups

I have two administrative groups configured in my Exchange
organization, which consists of two seperate servers.
Users from one admin group CANNOT view the free busy
information from the other groups, and vice versa.  I have
configured replication for both free-busy folders, but
this is not resolving the issue.  When a user pulls the
attendee availability via outlook (of another users in the
other admin group), the message 'no information' is
displayed.  The folders seem to be replicating just fine
but how do I get the two to combine??

Any help would be appreciated.
ajd

2. Failed mailbox move

3. creat two administrative groups in one exchange 2000

4. Hide from address book

5. about two storages in the same administrative group

6. Move mailboxes and not lose single instance

7. routing groups that span administrative groups

8. Exchange Server Version

9. Mail enabled groups and sites/administrative groups

10. Administrative Groups

11. Administrative Groups in Mixed Mode

12. site-configuration not correctly replicated to administrative group

13. Existing First Administrative Group