Borland Turbo C++ 4.5 Inquiry

Post by Andy » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

 I'm trying to write a program using Borland's Turbo C++ 4.5
and I keep getting a linker error saying that the automatic data
segment exceeds 64k. bearing in mind that Turbo C++ runs in
windows, the program works fine in Turbo C++ 3.0 (also by borland)
which runs in DOS.
 I,ve hunted through the options menu and help files for a solution
but to no avail. Can somebody help me to get around this problem?

Borland Turbo C++ 4.5 Inquiry

Post by grzegor » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>  I'm trying to write a program using Borland's Turbo C++ 4.5
> and I keep getting a linker error saying that the automatic data
> segment exceeds 64k. bearing in mind that Turbo C++ runs in
> windows, the program works fine in Turbo C++ 3.0 (also by borland)
> which runs in DOS.
>  I,ve hunted through the options menu and help files for a solution
> but to no avail. Can somebody help me to get around this problem?

If data segment exceeds 64k , and that is an error,
you would have to use dynamic memory.
Instead of :

Type bigarray[bignumber];
declare :
Type *bigarray;
and initialize it in your program :
bigarray=new Type[bignumber];

 Hope it will help.

--

Borland Turbo C++ 4.5 Inquiry

Post by Fred » Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>>  I'm trying to write a program using Borland's Turbo C++ 4.5
>> and I keep getting a linker error saying that the automatic data
>> segment exceeds 64k. bearing in mind that Turbo C++ runs in
>> windows, the program works fine in Turbo C++ 3.0 (also by borland)
>> which runs in DOS.
>>  I,ve hunted through the options menu and help files for a solution
>> but to no avail. Can somebody help me to get around this problem?

>If data segment exceeds 64k , and that is an error,
>you would have to use dynamic memory.
>Instead of :

>Type bigarray[bignumber];
>declare :
>Type *bigarray;
>and initialize it in your program :
>bigarray=new Type[bignumber];

> Hope it will help.

Did you use HUGE as a project setup ?

You should ask on borland compiler newsgroups

1. Borland C++ 4.5 vs Turbo C++ 3.1 Visual Edition

I'ld like to know the differences between Borland C++ 4.5 and Turbo
C++ 3.1 Visual Edition (also from Borland); especially differences
conserning the OWL (both 2.0 or higher ?).

Also can someone advise me on choosing between the two ?

Thanks in advance,
-- Arno van Goch --

2. 1.2.26 and glibc 2.0.100+

3. I'm selling my BORLAND C++ version 4.5 (not turbo version) cheap!

4. Folder view problems

5. Borland Turbo C++ 4.5 - 4 sale

6. cvs - kerberos4 - wincvs

7. Can I make Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5 make a DOS (non-windows) program?

8. Defragmentater does not work

9. Boot sector writing with borland turbo c++ 4.5

10. HELP PLEASE Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5

11. Borland C++ / Borland Turbo C++

12. Borland Turbo C++ vs Borland C++

13. Turbo C++ 4.5