How convert bitmap 24 bits per pixels to 8 bits?

How convert bitmap 24 bits per pixels to 8 bits?

Post by Vincent Dagor » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:48:45

I would like a C or C++ code source to convert bmp 24 bits into bmp 8 bits.

Thanks.

http://www.google.com has a number of bitmap libraries.

--
Phlip

http://www.greencheese.org/HatTrick

How convert bitmap 24 bits per pixels to 8 bits?

Post by Mr. Furiou » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:42:58

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 13:48:45 GMT, "Vincent Dagorn"

>I would like a C or C++ code source to convert bmp 24 bits into bmp 8 bits.

When stumped during programming, you must explode in absolute fury,
striking around you indiscriminately.

Mr. Furious

1. Converting a 24 bit bitmap to 8 bit

Hi, I need to convert a 24 bit RGB bitmap to an 8 bit grayscale
bitmap.  I have used code I found in the msdn website, but it does not
work properly.  I heard that all you need to do is add the R+G+B
values and divide by 3, but i do not know how to go about doing this
for an entire bitmap.  Can anyone provide some help (code would be
great.)  Any help is welcome though.  Thanks in adavance.

Nick

2. M683xx HDLC Driver in VxWorks

3. 8 bit (256 color) bitmaps vs 24 bit bitmaps

4. FULLTEXT feature requests

5. Converting 24-bit to 16-bit

6. Windows programming with GetMessage and delays

7. How to convert 24 bits DIB to 8 bits DIB...?

8. Changing Registry for Speed

9. Converting 24 bit images to 8 bit

10. How can I convert a 24-bit grayscale DIB to an 8-bit grayscale DIB ?

11. Convert 24-bit color to 4-bit?

12. Convert 8-Bit HBITMAP to 24-Bit HBITMAP

13. C++ code source to convert bmp 24 bits into bmp 8 bits