ClassBuilder is a CASE tool running on Win95/98/NT, targeted at the C++
developer. It lets you create, manipulate and navigate classes, class
relations, class members and class methods at a high level of abstraction
trough a graphical user interface. Its main focus is to keep the design and
implementation consistent with each other. This is done by generating the
code and documentation from the same repository. This code generation
includes the code for associations/aggregations between classes. It is not
made to impress managers, but to help C++ developers to do their job, so no
features useful for nothing. Its rich feature list includes:
- Class diagram editing (UML), with placement optimisation of classes on
- Code generation to implement associations/aggregations, with navigation
methods and iterators.
- Generation of Find methods on one to many associations/aggregations and
Get/Set methods on members.
- Wizards to insert iteration loops and navigation paths into the code of
- Code synchronisation with compile environment, changes made outside
ClassBuilder are noticed and read back.
- When used together with MFC, code can be generated to serialise the data
- Drag and drop support for: Adding a member to a class, adding arguments,
changing the order of arguments, etc.
- Documentation generation in RTF and HTML, so the documentation is always
in phase with the code.
- Changes made in the generated RTF documentation can be read back into
ClassBuilder. So you can use your favourite editor to alter the
documentation and get the changes back into the repository!
This freeware tool can be downloaded at the following sites: