can't open include files

Post by donna lewi » Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hey I posted earlier but didn't see it so here it is again.
I'm trying to write a simple program in C++ using Borland Turbo C++ 4.5
Each time I try to compile I get an error message "Unable to open include
file 'filename' " in this case being my libraries in the include directory.
Doesn't matter what library, still won't get it. (.h files)
I have verified the .h files exist and also set FILES to 20 in my CONFIG.SYS
in the root directory of D.
I did have this program on my C drive but had another hard drive installed
and it was moved to my D drive.
I'm taking a beginner c++ class this summer and really need to use this
compiler.
any and all help much appreciated thanks
Donna

can't open include files

Post by KlaasJan Elzing » Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:00:00

You really should follow the installation instructions supplied to you
by Borland. After you find that this topic is not covered in the manual,
the fastest solution is to re-install the product from the CD-Rom or the
disks or move it again to exact the same location on the C-Disk. Then
all the settings will be Ok again. (You can try to alter all the
directory paths by hand in the compiler settings... That probalby won't
work)

Regards,

KlaasJan

> Hey I posted earlier but didn't see it so here it is again.
> I'm trying to write a simple program in C++ using Borland Turbo C++ 4.5
> Each time I try to compile I get an error message "Unable to open include
> file 'filename' " in this case being my libraries in the include directory.
> Doesn't matter what library, still won't get it. (.h files)
> I have verified the .h files exist and also set FILES to 20 in my CONFIG.SYS
> in the root directory of D.
> I did have this program on my C drive but had another hard drive installed
> and it was moved to my D drive.
> I'm taking a beginner c++ class this summer and really need to use this
> compiler.
> any and all help much appreciated thanks
> Donna

1. fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cdosysstr.h': No such file or dire

This must be a typical error, but I don't find the
solution in any FAQ.

I have the following code:

#import "c:\program files\common
files\system\ado\msado15.dll" rename("ADODB","CDO")
#import <cdosys.dll> no_namespace

#include "cdosysstr.h"
#include "cdosyserr.h"

void main() {
        CoInitialize(NULL);
        {
                try {
                        CDO::IMessagePtr iMsg(__uuidof
(Message));
                        CDO::FieldsPtr Flds;
                        Flds = iMsg->Fields;
                        Flds->Item[cdoTo]->Value      =

                        Flds->Item[cdoFrom]->Value    =

                        Flds->Item[cdoSubject]->Value =
_variant_t("a test");
                        Flds->Item[cdoTextDescription]-
                        Flds->Update();
                        iMsg->Send();
                }
                catch( _com_error err) {
                //  ...
                }
        }
        CoUninitialize();

Based on:
url=/library/en-
us/cdosys/html/_cdosys_using_c_header_files.asp

Compile result:
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file: 'cdosysstr.h': No such file or directory

Where is "cdosysstr.h"?

(I'm using w2k and MSVC++ 6.0)

Thanks on help,
 Miguel Fontinha

2. FS/Trade: Sun Sparc 2

3. can't open include file

4. mercury and imap

5. Borland C++ 4.0 - unable to open include file {any file > 8.3}

6. FAQ: Epic's Android Pinball (Shareware Version)

7. when to use "using" in namespace?Can't open #include <jdate.h>?

8. Looking for full version of ZIOGolf

9. open a file, get file's associated icon

10. What's the difference between #include <iostream> and #include <iostream.h>?

11. fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file

12. error: cant open include file

13. Default sort order not 'names' on common file open dialog