How to change a size of edit box while sizing main dialog box?

How to change a size of edit box while sizing main dialog box?

Post by Roman Ogorza?e » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I want to enlarge dimensions of edit box (or other controls as well)
while changing a size of (resizable) dialog box containing the control.
So far if I resize the main dialog box, dimensions of my edit control
are without changes.
Could anyone tell me what should I do ?

Any suggestions and experiences will be very appreciated.

Roman

How to change a size of edit box while sizing main dialog box?

Post by TiTi » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I want to enlarge dimensions of edit box (or other controls as well)
> while changing a size of (resizable) dialog box containing the control.
> So far if I resize the main dialog box, dimensions of my edit control
> are without changes.
> Could anyone tell me what should I do ?

Your question is off-topic here.

Try following newsgroups for microsoft related stuff:
    microsoft.public.vc.mfc
    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.mfc
    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

Also, read Shiva's "Welcome to comp.lang.c++" before posting to this NG. It
also contains interesting links.
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

http://www.cerfnet.com/~mpcline/c++-faq-lite/

TiTi
--
For comp.lang.c++:
  * Read Shiva's "Welcome to comp.lang.c++" before posting to that

Post by Andreas Kahar » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I want to enlarge dimensions of edit box (or other controls as well)
> while changing a size of (resizable) dialog box containing the
control.
> So far if I resize the main dialog box, dimensions of my edit control
> are without changes.
> Could anyone tell me what should I do ?

> Any suggestions and experiences will be very appreciated.

> Roman

There are no such things in C++. Please read
<URL:http://www.raos.demon.co.uk/acllc-c++/faq.html> (section 9 & 10).

/A

--
# Andreas K?h?ri, <URL:http://hello.to/andkaha/>.
# All junk email is reported to the appropriate authorities.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Alan Donova » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> I want to enlarge dimensions of edit box (or other controls as well)
> while changing a size of (resizable) dialog box containing the control.
> So far if I resize the main dialog box, dimensions of my edit control
> are without changes.
> Could anyone tell me what should I do ?

Yes: try a newsgroup appropriate to your question. This group is about
C++, and your question is not.

alan

(Hint: you will need to keep track of the sizes of each item on the
window and resize them individually as you get notifications of the new
window size)

  Imerge Ltd.      +44 1223 875265

How to change a size of edit box while sizing main dialog box?

Post by Check Abdou » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi..
        You have to handle WM_SIZE message  ( or in MFC OnSize command
handler ) of the dialog and set the size of your editbox  using
SetWindowPos(...).

    However note that this is not the proper newsgroup because of the reason
that Edit box & dialog box has nothing to do with C++. It is windows
programming. So from next time you can try

    microsoft.public.* newsgroups.

Cheers
Check Abdoul
-----------------

Quote:> I want to enlarge dimensions of edit box (or other controls as well)
> while changing a size of (resizable) dialog box containing the control.
> So far if I resize the main dialog box, dimensions of my edit control
> are without changes.
> Could anyone tell me what should I do ?

> Any suggestions and experiences will be very appreciated.

> Roman

How to change a size of edit box while sizing main dialog box?

Post by Roman Ogorza?e » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Many thanks for all advices and sorry for the mess I caused in this
newsgroup.

Greetings,
Roman

How to change a size of edit box while sizing main dialog box?

Post by Daniel Longes » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Does not exist in standard C++, ask in a windows programming newsgroup.

Daniel

Daniel Longest

"There is no try, there is only do or do not." - Yoda

"Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an alltime thing. You don't win once
in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all
the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Vince Lombardi

Quote:> I want to enlarge dimensions of edit box (or other controls as well)
> while changing a size of (resizable) dialog box containing the control.
> So far if I resize the main dialog box, dimensions of my edit control
> are without changes.
> Could anyone tell me what should I do ?

> Any suggestions and experiences will be very appreciated.

> Roman

1. MFC: How to resize a list box when the dialog's size changes?

Hi!

I am working on a MFC program which has a FormView in the main
CFrameWindow. I want the size of a list box in the FormView changes
accordingly when the main FrameWindow's size changes.

So I override OnSize() in my FormView class:

        MyFormView::OnSize(...)
        {
                [Calculate x, y coordinates]

                m_Listbox.MoveWindow(...);
                CFormView(...);
        }

This code triggers the alert of ASSERT(IsWindow(m_Listbox.m_hWnd)) in
MoveWindow.

Does anyone have a proper way to do it? And why would ViewForm receive
the WM_SIZE message 3 times before the main FrameWindow displays?

I'd truly appreciate any helpful comments.  Thanks to all.

John

2. AT command question

3. How to maintain Dialog Size when Font size changes?

4. WANTED: Wizard Basic Card, Spreadsheet, SCI Calc, MAC Connection SW

5. change main initial main window size

6. BibTeX citation question.

7. change size of contents when window's size changes

8. unerase utility?

9. Edit Box on a dialog box

10. Moving a edit control box on a dialogue box

11. Dialog box, edit controls, combo box?

12. Dialog box resource edit box problem (Borland C++ 3.1)

13. OWL DIALOG BOX/EDIT BOX