Absolute beginners C++ book

Post by Gray » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

    I constantly see posts asking for Absolute Beginners programming books.
Pragsoft has a free book available that I feel does the job very well (and
actually stays in standards).
    I am not affiliated with the company, just thought this could be useful
to someone in the Newsgroup. I would also like to hear other peoples
comments on the book for I have obtained permission to convert it to HTML
and upload it to my site. (Not mentioning URL for I hate adverti*ts).

http://www.veryComputer.com/ in the products area.
C++ Programming is a FREE 300-page introductory text to programming in C++.
It is provided as a zip file (of less than 400k) which includes the chapters
(in Word 6 format) and the sample programs (in DOS text format).

Hope this helps out a few people,
KWG

1. Good absolute beginner C++ book

I'm an experienced C++ developer and I was asked about a good C++ book for
somebody that has no programming knowledge. I didn't know what book to
recommend. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

--
Eduardo Velasquez
Bohemia, NY

The message content is merely my personal opinion. It does not
represent or imply anything about the opinions or policies of my
employer.

2. Falcon: Nothing yet...

3. Absolute (nearly) beginner - STL

4. where is yogi?

5. ABSOLUTE beginner seeks Timer help

6. Restrticting Zone Transfers

7. absolute beginner...my first prog says i'm missing dll

8. Absolute Beginner - PLEASE HELP

9. Absolute beginner in Visual Studio

10. Best C++ books for beginner through to Advanced

11. HELP Beginner C++ books