Stack Underflow

Post by Troy » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Can anyone please tell me what a Stack Underflow error is, why I might
get such an error, and maybe (fingers crossed ;-)) how I can go about
fixing it???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Troy

Stack Underflow

Post by Andreas K?h? » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>Can anyone please tell me what a Stack Underflow error is, why I might
>get such an error, and maybe (fingers crossed ;-)) how I can go about
>fixing it???

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Cheers
>Troy

Maybe something tried to pop something from some stack, but the stack
was empty.

Can't say anything more without seeing the guilty code.

It doesn't have anything to do with the C++ language itself, as far as
I can see.

/A

--
Andreas K?h?ri,
Uppsala University, Sweden.

Stack Underflow

Post by TiTi » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Can anyone please tell me what a Stack Underflow error is, why I might
> get such an error, and maybe (fingers crossed ;-)) how I can go about
> fixing it???

Stack underflow is the opposite of a stack overflow. There are two
boundaries to a stack (min & max), crossing the first gives an underflow,
crossing the other results in a stack overflow. But do you know what a stack
is?

Because you're popping too much of the stack?

Stop popping too much of the stack ... :)

TiTi

1. Stack Underflow error on some systems

A friend has a Windows program (written in Visual C++) that dies with a
"Stack Underflow" error on some PCs--laptops and 486SXs.

Has anyone seen this type of problem--"works fine on most PCs but fails
with a Stack Underflow error on some systems"?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...

-- Naba Barkakati

2. What is the best way to network

3. Stack Underflow!!!?? Please help!

4. fs Poqet pc palmtop with serial/modem cable £25.00

5. std::stack underflow checking

6. Important announcement Re: Multiple Tahiti's in Windows 95 NOT WITH tahvxd.vxd!!!

7. DLL's : Use program stack or own stack ?

8. ! MASS POST Was Here (afqdrm)

9. stack size vs. thread stack size

10. how to enable nonstandard underflow mode?

11. Q: how to detect a overflow (or underflow) floating point calculation?

12. Throwing exception from derived streambuf::underflow ...