Utility in VC++ to convert image files

Post by lou.. » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I am a very new programmer.  Have not been able to locate a utility to
convert TIF to JPEG.  Is there anything out there that can be plugged in
or do I have to build it from scratch?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Utility in VC++ to convert image files

Post by Bart » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I am a very new programmer.  Have not been able to locate a utility to
>convert TIF to JPEG.  Is there anything out there that can be plugged in
>or do I have to build it from scratch?

This is off-topic in comp.lang.c++. Try a computer graphics related
newsgroup.

Bart.

--
if( reply == spam )
    cout << "Go away!" << endl;

Post by CFF\ » Sun, 10 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I am a very new programmer.  Have not been able to locate a utility to
> convert TIF to JPEG.  Is there anything out there that can be plugged in
> or do I have to build it from scratch?

> Thanks

What do you need? A graphic program that is able to convert TIFF->JPEG?
Almost all can. Paint Shop Pro for example. Or di you seek a converter
sourcecode you want to insert into one of your programs?

--
"Nobody will ever need more than 640k RAM!" -- Bill Gates, 1981
"Windows 95 needs at least 4 MB RAM." -- Bill Gates, 1996

1. Custom icons for plug-ins and image files

I've searched Microsoft's documentation and can't find an answer to this
simple question:

1) How do I give a DLL with a custom icon? To be more specific, I'm making a
plug-in for Adobe Photoshop. The plug-in is compile as a DLL, but the
extension is, in my case, .8bi. Adobe registers the .8bi extension so my
plugin is displayed with the standard Adobe plug-in icon. I'd like to
override this with a custom icon. Can it be done?

I have a related question:

2) I see that Photoshop can now assign a custom icon to image files, letting
each image file be shown as a thumbnail of the image. What is the general
mechanism for this?

Thanks,

Jim Lloyd
p.s. please do the obvious munging to my reply address to reply to:
jim at bitjazz dot com

2. Info ImageReader SE6C

3. Utility for converting plain ascii into Write format files

4. Bind Error after select() timeout.

5. how to convert 16 bpp image to 4 bpp image ?

6. ORA-07429 Error

7. How to convert a 32 bit per pixel (bpp) image to an 8 bpp image

8. FS: A1200 (Canada/U.S.)

9. how to convert sdk makefile to vc++ project file

10. VC++ child window questions & Ctrl-Ins

11. Developer Studio (VC++4.2) Plug-ins

12. Add-Ins commands not called when clicked (VC++ 6)

13. Visual VC++ 5.0 Power Add-Ins