Boot sector writing with borland turbo c++ 4.5

Boot sector writing with borland turbo c++ 4.5

Post by m.. » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

how do I go about this? is there a faq, or can someone take the time
to give me the headers or operators listed so I can go about this?

Post by Alan Donova » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> how do I go about this? is there a faq, or can someone take the time
> to give me the headers or operators listed so I can go about this?

Off topic. Try the group for your system. C++ is a programming language
and doesn't know about boot sectors etc.

  Imerge Ltd.      +44 1223 875265

Boot sector writing with borland turbo c++ 4.5

Post by m.. » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:04:31 +0000, Alan Donovan

>> how do I go about this? is there a faq, or can someone take the time
>> to give me the headers or operators listed so I can go about this?

>Off topic. Try the group for your system. C++ is a programming language
>and doesn't know about boot sectors etc.

>--

>  Imerge Ltd.      +44 1223 875265

skrew you bro, it is part of programming because it is just another
sectin of memory/HD space

Boot sector writing with borland turbo c++ 4.5

Post by Onorio V. Catenacc » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Pardon me for jumping in,

If you want an answer (and I assume you do because you've gone to all the
trouble of posting your question on the usenet):

1.) You need to give more detail.  What OS?  I believe Turbo C++ can produce
executables for DOS and Windows (16 bit and 32 bit).  Writing the boot
sector under DOS as opposed to Windows is a major difference.

2.) You're probably going to need information on non-standard,OS-specific
features of Turbo C++ and/or your OS.  You're more likely to get a better
answer to your question if you ask in a place where the experts hang out, i.
e. comp.os.msdos.programmer or comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.  People around
here are experts on the C++ language.  You want specific detail about a
particular OS.

3.) You should respect the conventions of the usenet.  It's generally
considered bad netiquette to post an off-topic message in a newsgroup.
Consider this newsgroup like you would consider a social organization.  One
would not walk into one's first meeting of that organization and begin
insisting that the generally observed conduct is wrong and that everyone
must change to suit him or her.  The rule around here is that people discuss
the standard C++ programming language here apart from OS specific issues.

4.) If you're going to munge your reply-to address, you might consider
including a real reply-to somewhere in your signature.  Some people might
try to send you replies via e-mail and they'll never be able to contact you
if you don't give a real e-mail address somewhere.

Hope this helps...

--
Onorio Catenacci

I do not speak for my employer in any way, shape or form.

>On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:04:31 +0000, Alan Donovan

>>> how do I go about this? is there a faq, or can someone take the time
>>> to give me the headers or operators listed so I can go about this?

>>Off topic. Try the group for your system. C++ is a programming language
>>and doesn't know about boot sectors etc.

>>--

>>  Imerge Ltd.      +44 1223 875265
>skrew you bro, it is part of programming because it is just another
>sectin of memory/HD space

Boot sector writing with borland turbo c++ 4.5

Post by m.. » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I appreciate the advi*t abou tthe otehr newsgroups, I didn't know
aobut them. On the whole I can realize the masses of annoying people
posting *in here and yuo trying to keeo it down but as for #3 I
personally think you guys are carrying it a bit to far and you need to
untie the knot in your panties.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:00:36 -0500, "Onorio V. Catenacci"