tar and tape routines for NT

Post by root » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Greetings,

I am looking for some ideas.  I need to write a program under NT that
will tar & untar DLT tapes.  Are there any C++ classes for tar.  Also,
some documentation on how to use a tape driver under NT would be
usefull, since I've never done it before.   Is there anywhere I can get
some example src code for doing tape io or tar routines?

Also, is there any one compiler that I should be using for this.  I'm a
Unix programmer type and am kind of new the the MS programming world.

Pointers would be appreciated.

Thanx,
Brian

tar and tape routines for NT

Post by Bill Robertso » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>Greetings,

>I am looking for some ideas.  I need to write a program under NT that
>will tar & untar DLT tapes.  Are there any C++ classes for tar.  Also,
>some documentation on how to use a tape driver under NT would be
>usefull, since I've never done it before.   Is there anywhere I can get
>some example src code for doing tape io or tar routines?

>Also, is there any one compiler that I should be using for this.  I'm a
>Unix programmer type and am kind of new the the MS programming world.

Tape calls are all documented at:

        http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

under:

Platform SDK->Base Services->Files and I/O->Tape Backup->Tape Backup
Reference->Tape Backup Functions
-- <br>
W.J. (Bill) Robertson&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; voice: (613)998-2819<br>
Communications Research Centre&nbsp; fax: (613)998-9648<br>

1. Developer toolkit for TAR format tapes

I'm looking for a developer toolkit (NOT a stand-alone application)
allowing me to write TAR formatted tapes from my Windows application.
I would appreciate assistance in locating such a library.

TIA.

Chuck Berg
Director of Development
The Software Studio
21580 Stevens Creek Blvd; Suite 204
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 777-0818 x25
(408) 777-0820 FAX

2. Radius Color Pivot Questions....

3. gnu tar for Window NT

4. NEC SuperScript 870 w/External Print Server?

5. tar for NT

6. Managing Applications via SNMP (NT and Unix)

7. Making a tape drive program for Connor 250Meg tape drive?

8. How2 connect Notes-AdminClient to Domino should be so easy???? help!!!

9. NT tape API

10. Write an application to control backup tape on Windows NT.

11. Win NT Tape API limits?

12. Copy to Tape Drive NT 3.51

13. How to send SCSI commands to tape by c-program on NT ?