Mathematical Expression Parser has moved

Mathematical Expression Parser has moved

Post by Ian Ollman » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Due to the appearance of a rather aggressive firewall, the old server for
the parser (http://wong.scripps.edu/~iano/Parser) has been replaced with a
new one:

        http://www.alienorb.com/Parser

Hopefully it will be able to stay there for a good long time. The latest
revision is version 1.2.6.

For those of you wondering what I am talking about, the Mathematical
Expression Parser is a ANSI C++ library with full source that can parse a
mathematical expression (e.g. "sin(x) + pi") and evaluate it for any x (or
y or foobar) that you care to supply. It features arbitrary user defined
variable names and a host of supported operators and function types. It
can take partial derivatives of expressions and also has some symbolic
math capability. Evaluation times approach those of directly compiled
code.

____

   Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
   California Institute of Technology
____

Mathematical Expression Parser has moved

Post by ja72 » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Thank you, and I've being trying to write my own parser. It can get very
complex really
fast...   thank you, now I can finish my pet-project sooner.

| Due to the appearance of a rather aggressive firewall, the old server for
| the parser (http://wong.scripps.edu/~iano/Parser) has been replaced with
| new one:
|
| http://www.alienorb.com/Parser
|
| Hopefully it will be able to stay there for a good long time. The latest
| revision is version 1.2.6.
|
| For those of you wondering what I am talking about, the Mathematical
| Expression Parser is a ANSI C++ library with full source that can parse a
| mathematical expression (e.g. "sin(x) + pi") and evaluate it for any x
(or
| y or foobar) that you care to supply. It features arbitrary user defined
| variable names and a host of supported operators and function types. It
| can take partial derivatives of expressions and also has some symbolic
| math capability. Evaluation times approach those of directly compiled
| code.
|
| ____
|

|    Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
|    California Institute of Technology
| ____

Mathematical Expression Parser has moved

Post by Kevin D. Quit » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Why are you posting this in a C group, and why is the extension ZIP when
it's a gzipped tarball?

--
#include <standard.disclaimer>
 _

1. parser for mathematical evaluation of expressions

greetings!

i am looking for a parser code in c++ language to be used in our programming
assignment which graphs mathematical functions. the user will input
mathematical expression(in terms of x only) eg:
    (x^3(exp(x)+sinh(x^3-2x)))/lnx
we need a parser code to evaluate this expression correctly and if anybody
of you has a parsing code, or anything similar o which we can pattern the
code because we really have no idea of how it look like or how it works, and
the programming assignment is due in one week, so we'll have to modify any
parser code u have to suit our program.

any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanx a lot.

joey

2. Pause, Cancel, Unpause Printer

3. Mathematical Function Parser

4. Socket Error Message?

5. Evaluating a Mathematical expression?

6. !!LEGAL DANGERS!!

7. evaluate a string as a mathematical expression

8. Strangly named folders have appeared?

9. Optimizing Mathematical Expressions For Size

10. A Class for recording mathematical expressions?

11. Help on parsing Mathematical expression

12. Announcement: Parser available for OCL: UML's expression language

13. Moving from EDITTEXT to "RichEdit, but having STYLE problems