Help: Want to print text directly to printer port

Help: Want to print text directly to printer port

Post by Kumphanart Dansir » Mon, 20 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Dear,

I wonder if anybody can tell me how to write a code to print the
outputstream directly to printer port.

Thank you,
Kumphanart Dansiri

Help: Want to print text directly to printer port

Post by Jon Be » Mon, 20 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>I wonder if anybody can tell me how to write a code to print the
>outputstream directly to printer port.

Hi, the standard C++ language (which this newsgroup is about) does not
have any built-in facilities for dealing with printer ports.

That kind of programming is done with non-standard libraries that depend
on what platform you are programming for (MS-DOS, MS-Windows, Windows NT,
Macintosh, Unix X Window system, etc.) and possibly on the specific
compiler.  Therefore you should ask your question in a newsgroup that
discusses your specific platform and/or compiler.  Try using the deja.com
Interest Finder to locate an appropriate newsgroup:

     http://www.deja.com/home_if.shtml

--

Dept. of Physics and Computer Science        Clinton, South Carolina USA
        [     Information about newsgroups for beginners:     ]

Help: Want to print text directly to printer port

Post by Jack Klei » Mon, 20 Sep 1999 04:00:00

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 21:15:26 +0700, "Kumphanart Dansiri"

Quote:> Dear,

> I wonder if anybody can tell me how to write a code to print the
> outputstream directly to printer port.

> Thank you,
> Kumphanart Dansiri

There is no such thing as a printer port in the C++ language.  How you
actually output to a printer is 100% compiler and operating system
specific, so you need to ask in a group which supports your specific
compiler/OS combination.  I can't recommend one with the information
your provided.

Jack Klein
--
Home: http://jackklein.home.att.net

Help: Want to print text directly to printer port

Post by Bart » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

There's no way to do that in standard C++. Depending on the operating system
that you use you can, however, redirect the standard output (using | under
UNIX or > under DOS).

Bart.

--
if( reply == spam )
    cout << "Go away!" << endl;

Post by Petronius Arbit » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>There's no way to do that in standard C++. Depending on the operating system
>that you use you can, however, redirect the standard output (using | under
>UNIX or > under DOS).

There's JPEG source code in C++ on www.colosseumbuilders.com. Look for the
enhanced image library.

John - N8086N
Big brother is watching. Disable cookies in your web browser.
Wise man says "Never use a bank with the initials F. U."
Are you interested in a professional society or
guild for programmers? Want to fight section 1706?

See www.programmersguild.org
Newsgroup: us.issues.occupations.computer-programmers

EMail Address:

1. How do you print text and escape codes directly to a printer?

Oy, I hate windows sometimes!

I'm writing a program where I need to write directly (more or less) to a
printer. I don't want the "device independance" that the windows spooler
supplies. I don't mind if the print job goes through the spooler first,
although I'd prefer not.

A book I have says something about using "OpenPrinter" and then "write",
but it's only a passing reference, without enough info. And VC5 docs, as
usual, suck. I've tried opening "LPT1:" for output and writing to it. This
would probably work if my printer was attachd to the parallel port, but Its
a networked printer. My default printer is supposed to be intercepting LPT1
output, but it doesn't seem to happen.

Any suggestions?

2. I'm chuck full of questions,anyone chuck full of answers?

3. Q:Win16 Bit App Printing Directly to Printer Port Under NT (Sp4)

4. Does windows support Bluetooth protocol

5. How to define in the printer driver spool settings: Print Directly to printer.

6. Recording 30 B-channels ISDN

7. Printing text files on text-only printers

8. an Ethernet (TCP/IP) <-> parallel converter

9. Printing directly to a printer from VB.

10. pls help to solve the printing issue on text-only printer

11. Help to print formatted text on PS printer

12. Access Printer port directly