Network Communication Libraries

Post by Andrew Maclea » Sun, 03 Aug 2003 01:10:36

We are developing an application that has to run on QNX, Windows XP, IPAQ
and Palm Pilot.

Does anyone know of a good C++ comms library that will support TCPIP, UDP,
wireless networks and Bluetooth over these platforms?

Thanks
    Andrew

      [ comp.lang.c++.moderated.    First time posters: Do this! ]

Post by sasha » Mon, 04 Aug 2003 11:06:21

>We are developing an application that has to run on QNX, Windows XP, IPAQ
>and Palm Pilot.

>Does anyone know of a good C++ comms library that will support TCPIP, UDP,
>wireless networks and Bluetooth over these platforms?

Have a look at ACE (http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/research.html). It
may have what you are looking for.

--
sashan
http://sashan.netfirms.com

      [ comp.lang.c++.moderated.    First time posters: Do this! ]

1. Network communication Port No.s

Standard ports defined  in windows2.h
Look at section after
/*
 * Port/socket numbers: network standard functions
 */
and additionally look at services file in
system32\drivers\etc directory in NT kernel Oses or in windows directory for
W9x
OTOH all registered ports look at www.iana.org and how to choose port's
you can find on http://tangentsoft.net/wskfaq/intermediate.html#svrport

Arkady

2. comp.os.msdos.programmer FAQ part 1/5

3. Decrement time of network communication wake up

4. Change the RunAs default acoount

5. Help needed about network communication & security

6. Socket problem (With IPhone for Win)

7. Communication between apps over a network

8. iPaq Battery Life??

9. Intercept the communication between Winsock and Dialup networking

10. Network communication?

11. communication beyond network domain?

12. Communication with network printer