int initConsole(int& Width, int& Height, int& FullScreen, int& Flags,

int initConsole(int& Width, int& Height, int& FullScreen, int& Flags,

Post by Daniel ' » Mon, 06 May 2002 20:29:57

Hi,

Can you tell me what does the following do:

int initConsole(int& Width, int& Height, int& FullScreen, int& Flags,
Screen* S)

I know it's a prototype and stuff like that. But is it anything special?
Does it replace main() in a program? If it does what does it do? Like,
what's suppose to be in it and what does the function suppose to do?

Thnx in advance

int initConsole(int& Width, int& Height, int& FullScreen, int& Flags,

Post by Neil Butterwort » Mon, 06 May 2002 20:31:16

Quote:> Hi,

> Can you tell me what does the following do:

> int initConsole(int& Width, int& Height, int& FullScreen, int& Flags,
> Screen* S)

> I know it's a prototype and stuff like that. But is it anything special?
> Does it replace main() in a program? If it does what does it do? Like,
> what's suppose to be in it and what does the function suppose to do?

It appears to be a function from the libcon games library. Please ask
further questions about it in the support boards at http://photoneffect.com,
not here.

NeilB

int initConsole(int& Width, int& Height, int& FullScreen, int& Flags,

Post by Daniel ' » Mon, 06 May 2002 20:57:40

ahhh thnx, finally i know what this does. At least i know it's
library-specific. Thnx

> > Hi,

> > Can you tell me what does the following do:

> > int initConsole(int& Width, int& Height, int& FullScreen, int& Flags,
> > Screen* S)

> > I know it's a prototype and stuff like that. But is it anything special?
> > Does it replace main() in a program? If it does what does it do? Like,
> > what's suppose to be in it and what does the function suppose to do?

> It appears to be a function from the libcon games library. Please ask
> further questions about it in the support boards at

http://photoneffect.com,
Quote:> not here.

> NeilB

1. class(int& a,b,c) => class(int& a, int& b, int& c).

When declaring a list of parameters the type must preceed every
variable, unlike when declaring non-parameter variables. It
doesn't matter if that function is a constructor or not. You
can't have, for any type T:

       int func( T a, b, c );

you must have:

       int func( T a, T b, T c );

The syntax is a totally different thing from variable
declarations where T a,b,c; is allrig

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

2. step motors & an electric cello

3. Differenze between const int& and int const& ???

4. unexpected Kernal mode trap

5. What is int &volatile r; [Was: What is int &const r;]

6. Looking for SunOS 4.1.1 on tape

7. const int& or int const&

8. Anyone use Verbatim Blues to back up Playstation CDs?? using Wincdr.. mine wouldnt work!!!!!

9. difference between int* a & int *a

10. Efficiency of int & short int

11. int& rb(<int-var>) legal?

12. overloaded fns (int) and (int &)signatures

13. static_cast<const unsigned int&>(lvalue-of-type-int)