HELP PLEASE Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5

HELP PLEASE Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5

Post by Rick Schrade » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I am using the Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5.  I just bought it the
other day and am already having problems with it.  Every time I try to "make
and run the current program," it tells me there is an error.  The error is
as follows:

Compiling LAB01.CPP:
Fatal C:\TCWIN45\INCLUDE\IOSTREAM.H 27: Unable to create output file
'C:\TEMP\lab01.obj'

I know this is a problem with the compiler, not the program because I can
run the program at other computers running the same software.

I don't know if it helps, but here is the program I am trying to run (I
chose the shortest one I have to try out):

#include <iostream.h>

void main()
{
   int dummy;
   cout << " HELLO WORLD !!" << endl;
   cout << endl << " Hi MOM, I'm here at Winthrop University" << endl;
   cout << "  and having lots of fun in my CSCI 207 class..." << endl;
   cout << endl << endl << endl;
   cout << "Enter a number to close the window and EXIT---";
   cin >> dummy;

Quote:} // ----------end LAB01------------

Please help me!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

HELP PLEASE Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5

Post by Sam La » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I am using the Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5.  I just bought it the
> other day and am already having problems with it.  Every time I try to
"make
> and run the current program," it tells me there is an error.  The error is
> as follows:

> Compiling LAB01.CPP:
> Fatal C:\TCWIN45\INCLUDE\IOSTREAM.H 27: Unable to create output file
> 'C:\TEMP\lab01.obj'

> I know this is a problem with the compiler, not the program because I can
> run the program at other computers running the same software.

> I don't know if it helps, but here is the program I am trying to run (I
> chose the shortest one I have to try out):

> #include <iostream.h>

> void main()
> {
>    int dummy;
>    cout << " HELLO WORLD !!" << endl;
>    cout << endl << " Hi MOM, I'm here at Winthrop University" << endl;
>    cout << "  and having lots of fun in my CSCI 207 class..." << endl;
>    cout << endl << endl << endl;
>    cout << "Enter a number to close the window and EXIT---";
>    cin >> dummy;
> } // ----------end LAB01------------

> Please help me!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

1. Run Borland C++ 4.5
2. Option -> Project -> Directories
3. Output Directories -> Intermediate: (input paht of     folder you want to
store *.obj or     *.res or you could leave this blank) ->Final: (input path
of the folder you want to store     *.exe or leave this blank)
4. Check if Include: (just on top of Output Directories) is point to the
Include folder of     TC 4.5, check if you have the folder it points.  Mine
points at C:/bc45/include

HELP PLEASE Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5

Post by Rick Schrade » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for your help.  It seems to be working right now.  For some reason,
changing the immediate and final directories from c:\temp to another
directory fixed the problem.

>> I am using the Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5.  I just bought it the
>> other day and am already having problems with it.  Every time I try to
>"make
>> and run the current program," it tells me there is an error.  The error
is
>> as follows:

>> Compiling LAB01.CPP:
>> Fatal C:\TCWIN45\INCLUDE\IOSTREAM.H 27: Unable to create output file
>> 'C:\TEMP\lab01.obj'

>> I know this is a problem with the compiler, not the program because I can
>> run the program at other computers running the same software.

>> I don't know if it helps, but here is the program I am trying to run (I
>> chose the shortest one I have to try out):

>> #include <iostream.h>

>> void main()
>> {
>>    int dummy;
>>    cout << " HELLO WORLD !!" << endl;
>>    cout << endl << " Hi MOM, I'm here at Winthrop University" << endl;
>>    cout << "  and having lots of fun in my CSCI 207 class..." << endl;
>>    cout << endl << endl << endl;
>>    cout << "Enter a number to close the window and EXIT---";
>>    cin >> dummy;
>> } // ----------end LAB01------------

>> Please help me!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
>advance.

>1. Run Borland C++ 4.5
>2. Option -> Project -> Directories
>3. Output Directories -> Intermediate: (input paht of     folder you want
>store *.obj or     *.res or you could leave this blank) ->Final: (input
path
>of the folder you want to store     *.exe or leave this blank)
>4. Check if Include: (just on top of Output Directories) is point to the
>Include folder of     TC 4.5, check if you have the folder it points.  Mine
>points at C:/bc45/include

HELP PLEASE Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5

Post by Christophe Masso » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Stupid question : does you "c:\temp" directory exists ?

> Thanks for your help.  It seems to be working right now.  For some reason,
> changing the immediate and final directories from c:\temp to another
> directory fixed the problem.

> >> I am using the Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5.  I just bought it the
> >> other day and am already having problems with it.  Every time I try to
> >"make
> >> and run the current program," it tells me there is an error.  The error
> is
> >> as follows:

> >> Compiling LAB01.CPP:
> >> Fatal C:\TCWIN45\INCLUDE\IOSTREAM.H 27: Unable to create output file
> >> 'C:\TEMP\lab01.obj'

> >> I know this is a problem with the compiler, not the program because I can
> >> run the program at other computers running the same software.

> >> I don't know if it helps, but here is the program I am trying to run (I
> >> chose the shortest one I have to try out):

> >> #include <iostream.h>

> >> void main()
> >> {
> >>    int dummy;
> >>    cout << " HELLO WORLD !!" << endl;
> >>    cout << endl << " Hi MOM, I'm here at Winthrop University" << endl;
> >>    cout << "  and having lots of fun in my CSCI 207 class..." << endl;
> >>    cout << endl << endl << endl;
> >>    cout << "Enter a number to close the window and EXIT---";
> >>    cin >> dummy;
> >> } // ----------end LAB01------------

> >> Please help me!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
> >advance.

> >1. Run Borland C++ 4.5
> >2. Option -> Project -> Directories
> >3. Output Directories -> Intermediate: (input paht of     folder you want
> >store *.obj or     *.res or you could leave this blank) ->Final: (input
> path
> >of the folder you want to store     *.exe or leave this blank)
> >4. Check if Include: (just on top of Output Directories) is point to the
> >Include folder of     TC 4.5, check if you have the folder it points.  Mine
> >points at C:/bc45/include

HELP PLEASE Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5

Post by Rick Schrade » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Yes, c:\temp exists.  I'm not sure why it did this.  Do the intermediate and
final directories have to be the same?

Post by Christophe Masso » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> Yes, c:\temp exists.  I'm not sure why it did this.  Do the intermediate and
> final directories have to be the same?

No

> >Stupid question : does you "c:\temp" directory exists ?

> >> Thanks for your help.  It seems to be working right now.  For some
> reason,
> >> changing the immediate and final directories from c:\temp to another
> >> directory fixed the problem.

> the
> error
> >> is

> can

> (I

> want
> >> path
> Mine

HELP PLEASE Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5

Post by Rick Schrade » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Strange.
Although I am having a new problem now.  Does Turbo C++ 4.5 not support many
of the things common in the language (type bool, functions, etc.)? I cannot
make it run several simple programs using these types of things.  The
programs have been running on lab computers.

HELP PLEASE Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5

Post by Paul Lutu » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Why not ask in a Borland newsgroup? And do not cross-post as you are doing.

--

Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

Quote:> Strange.

Post by Scott McMah » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> Strange.
> Although I am having a new problem now.  Does Turbo C++ 4.5 not support many
> of the things common in the language (type bool, functions, etc.)?

No! Turbo C++ 4.5 is ancient. It supports a very old C++ dialect,
perhaps AT&T 3.0, maybe even 2.0. This predates just about everything
in the standard. I think templates might be supported, but I can't
remember if 4.5 had them or not.  Borland C++ 5.0 was the first, I
think, with templates. "Turbo" C++ 4.5 is not a real Turbo C release,
it was an afterthought crippled version of Borland C++ 4.5 released as
an educational/cheap thing for students. Turbo C++ 3.1, a DOS product,
if I remember, seems to be the last real version of Turbo C++.

Scott

HELP PLEASE Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5

Post by jok » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Why did I get blasted for posting a Borland C de* question here?  How
do you software folks distinguish the tool from the code?
It is all inter-twined.. I believe.

Jim

>Yes, c:\temp exists.  I'm not sure why it did this.  Do the intermediate
and
>final directories have to be the same?

>>Stupid question : does you "c:\temp" directory exists ?

>>> Thanks for your help.  It seems to be working right now.  For some
>reason,
>>> changing the immediate and final directories from c:\temp to another
>>> directory fixed the problem.

>the
>error
>>> is

>can

>(I

>want
>>> path
>Mine

HELP PLEASE Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5

Post by Paul Lutu » Mon, 20 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Why did I get blasted for posting a Borland C de* question here?  How
> do you software folks distinguish the tool from the code?
> It is all inter-twined.. I believe.

No, it is not. C++ is a computer language. Borland Turbo C++ is a consumer
product.

If you must cross-post to a dozen groups, read the FAQ of each and every one
of them. If your question is off-topic, don't post.

--

Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

<snip>

HELP PLEASE Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5

Post by Rick Schrade » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I think so too, but others disagree.  You can't please everyone.

>Why did I get blasted for posting a Borland C de* question here?  How
>do you software folks distinguish the tool from the code?
>It is all inter-twined.. I believe.

>Jim

>>Yes, c:\temp exists.  I'm not sure why it did this.  Do the intermediate
>and
>>final directories have to be the same?

>>>Stupid question : does you "c:\temp" directory exists ?

>>reason,

>>the
>>error

>>can

>>(I

>endl;
>endl;

>>want
(input
>the
>>Mine

1. Can I make Borland Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5 make a DOS (non-windows) program?

I am using Borland's Turbo C++ For Windows 4.5 to code some CGI apps.
These are fairly simple programs, and I just need them to run
text-based on the command line. I don't need a console window for
stdout, etc. I would also like to be able to redirect stdin and
stdout, but stdout is always creating a new window for output.

I'd also like to be able to run these programs on a DOS-only machine.
In other words, I'm using Windows as my development envrionment, but I
don't need any Windows programming features. :)

Can I get TC++ to produce some plain-vanilla text-only executables,
with redirectable stdout, stderr, and stdaux?
---

Mark Landin                   "For anyone who was never good at
T. D. Williamson, Inc.         anything, technology has been a
UNIX Sys. Admin                real boon" --- my mom

2. Chat Source Code...Where can I Find It

3. Borland C++ 4.5 vs Turbo C++ 3.1 Visual Edition

4. 20GB/A autochanger software.

5. Help please: use Bounds-Checker for Borland C++ (version 4.5)

6. Rez error in MacTypes.r....

7. I'm selling my BORLAND C++ version 4.5 (not turbo version) cheap!

8. Few questions...

9. Borland Turbo C++ 4.5 - 4 sale

10. Borland Turbo C++ 4.5 Inquiry

11. Boot sector writing with borland turbo c++ 4.5

12. Turbo C++ 4.5 help needed

13. Turbo C++ Windows vs. Borland C++ Windows?