ADSI script help: DeleteMailbox is not removing the mailbox from info store

ADSI script help: DeleteMailbox is not removing the mailbox from info store

Post by bruc » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 23:05:25

I've written scripts in Perl that use ADSI and CDO (thank you swinc.com) to
perform all my user/mailbox maintenance. The DeleteMailbox method does
remove the "association" between a user account and the physical mailbox in
the information store (Exchange Tasks shows Create Mailbox). But it doesn't
actually delete the mailbox from the store. After the private info store
maintenance runs, the mailbox will show up with a red X (disabled, I guess)
icon & I have to manually select it & purge it. Is there a way,
programatically, to physically remove these mailboxes. I have tested the
DeleteMailbox method with Perl & a VBScript with the same results.

ADSI script help: DeleteMailbox is not removing the mailbox from info store

Post by Andy Web » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:11:06

It will eventually go away based on your deleted mailbox retention settings
and the schedule of the online store maintenance.  Treat it as a "feature".
:)

Quote:> I've written scripts in Perl that use ADSI and CDO (thank you swinc.com)
> perform all my user/mailbox maintenance. The DeleteMailbox method does
> remove the "association" between a user account and the physical mailbox
in
> the information store (Exchange Tasks shows Create Mailbox). But it
doesn't
> actually delete the mailbox from the store. After the private info store
> maintenance runs, the mailbox will show up with a red X (disabled, I
guess)
> icon & I have to manually select it & purge it. Is there a way,
> programatically, to physically remove these mailboxes. I have tested the
> DeleteMailbox method with Perl & a VBScript with the same results.

1. exchange, get mailboxes info adsi, cdo .......

Hello , i need help about exchange and vb

I must get some informations from X exchange servers.
I try whith adsi and ldap query : it is ok but some information i need (like
size of the box, last connection and if the maxsize is like the default
value) seems not to be accessible with ADSI

In the exchange sdk i found a method called getmailboxtable in a visual c++
header.
But i work in a sql server 7 dts active x script. Si i have choice between
jscript or vbscript.

What is the solution for me??
CDO??
Create a com dll in c++ wich use getmailboxtable and calling it in the
vbscript?
anything else??

Nicolas Lievain

PS : scuse my poor english i am french

2. Resource Scheduling

3. ADSI scripts not running.

4. O98 Offline folders over the internet?

5. ADSI / AD /Exchange script help

6. internet mail service

7. How to retrieve MAILBOX info through scripting ?

8. mail relaying and smtp

9. Getting account info for an Exchange Mailbox through scripting

10. SOMEONE HELP ME. I am getting Store.exe Errror

11. Getting account info for an Exchange Mailbox through scripting

12. Problems deleting mailboxes using DeleteMailbox()